APOSTATES AT THE ASSEMBLY...

by cyber-sista 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

can't seem to paste my words in here--will try below...

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Read a thread related to this subject yesterday, but didn?t respond to it, thought about it more and this is what I came up with...

For many years I went to large assemblies where apostates were present, but as a well trained JW I avoided them like the plague. I didn?t like the approach of many of them who would stand there shouting at the witnesses when they walked by?they seems a bit radical and at times scary to me?I understand them more now?their frustration and pain, but at the time I saw them very differently. I still don?t think many of them took the right approach?because their anger made them appear unbalanced.

I do remember one woman (apostate) who stated something like this: The bible says there is one mediator between god and man?Jesus Christ?why then does the WT claim to be your mediator?

Anyway, I thought about this over the years because it was a true statement. And, in true JW fashion this woman asked a hard hitting question that made me think. In fact, I thought about it over the years every time there was an article or something was said that promoted the idea of the WT being the mediator. You could say her question planted a seed in me, but I couldn?t help it-- I could not deny this was the truth of the matter. It was years later and until just recently that I left the Org. It wasn?t just because of this woman?s singular question, but the many many more questions that formed in my mind over the years from my experiences in the Org.

So, with all this in mind--and from my experience--I feel the most effective way for any who would think about spreading the word at assemblies or in many other situations for that matter would be to: To be respectful, don?t flounder them with too much information and ask hard hitting to the point questions. You could have handouts with further information for those who want it, but otherwise people who want to will seek their own answers. I think just standing there with individual signs with one question on them that could read something like:

Why does the WT policy on child molesting protect the molester and not the victim?

For information go to > www.silentlambs.org

Why was the WT involved with the United Nations from 1991-2001?

For more information go to>www.un.org/

Why were the baptismal questions changed in 1985?

For more information go to>www.Freeminds.org

Anyway, this list could go on and on ?

What other simple questions would you like to put on your sign?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our youngest son and his friend used to go outside the Tacoma Dome during breaks and walk around, between ages of about 8 and 16. One year they told us that they were buying ice cream from a street vendor, (off site, across the street) and didn't have quite enough money. One of the apostates who was there with his signs and megaphones, came over and bought their ice cream. They felt guilty for that and asked us later if they should have accepted (they had). We told them we thought it was a kind gesture and it was all right.

Looking back, I still think it was a kindness. He didn't try to talk to them or anything, just bought their ice cream. I'll bet they still remember that too.

The signs that I remember, that bothered me were the ones that said the donation arrangment was not worldwide. I thought they were lying too, until we went to special assemblies in Poland in 1989 and found out they still asked for money for the literature. It was a start of those nagging doubts.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Good thread sista.

Yeah those apostates at the assemblies scared the be-jesus outame. I remember towards the end, though I did take a tract from one of them at the DA in Winnipeg. Don't remember what it said, but the person was quiet, respectable, and not getting in anyone's face. But you described it beautifully when you said: " I understand them more now?their frustration and pain, but at the time I saw them very differently"

My Question. Why did the WTBTS change their "Mission Statement" in the November 8, 1995 Awake magazine from ....

?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away.?

to....

?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Why picket? For one, we have such sites as this one, Channel C, and Lambsroar to tell the real truth.

Picketting would only reinstill the persecution complex that we're trying so hard to get around.

• Golf
    Golf

EJW-Vitamin-b12, Did you ever send that question to the org. ?

Guest 77

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I personally would never do the picket thing, but some in other posts brought up that it is something that some might want to do--figure they may as well do it right if they are going to do it and maybe a little insight would help them decide the right approach to take...

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

cyber-sista....me thinks you are correcto-mundo. When you're a Jay-W at a convention you don't want to stare at an apostate sign to long because your eyes will fall out, or worse yet Sister Self-Righteous will counsel you on looking at them....So the aposto-message must be short and to the point. Like you said, something that might just stick with them. Yelling and acting up just brings up their cult defenses. And yes, I think respectful pickting can help because a lot of those folks would never come to a site like this...until maybe later in there exit mode. The more the Brooklyn Mafia rants about us...the more we look like the victims that we are, if we act respectful/humble...something they know nothing of.

-BONEZZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I remember seeing them when I was a kid and riding a bus in and out of the convention site. I would always look... currious what their signs said... but my elder dad would always yell at me not to look, so I would turn away make a few quick peeks.

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

All those hours I spent walking from door to door . . . all the mags and books I tried and in many instances did put in the hands of householders.

I need to do something to make up for the lies I tried to give people. I feel compelled to do something to balance out the crap I laid on people. I think I will go the District Convention and hand out 1/4 page fliers with some basic and direct questions and references for those who actually take them to look up. I thank everyone for the tips and suggestions.

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit