APOSTATES AT THE ASSEMBLY...

by cyber-sista 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I LOVE the idea of a billboard!

Something with disarming, clever and succint would do the trick

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The last District Convention I attended in 1998 was in Syracuse, NY and I had to pass very close by the "Apostates" on the sidewalk while I was waiting for the light to change. After 30+ years of ignoring them I was approached (it was weird) by a woman and a young girl about 8 years old, and very nicely, she said right TO me, "In the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bend" and the woman held a relatively small sign with Philippians 2:10-11 on it.

We made eye contact, but I went on my way, wondering WHY they don't believe that "we" didn't honor Jesus and I figured maybe because "we" didn't celebrate Christmas or Easter so they might think we were "anti" Jesus. I eventually forgot about this incident, more or less.

When I began to actually look into exJW sites and SAW certain things---especially about snubbing Jesus during the Memorial when He died to save ALL mankind and had said "do THIS in remembrance of me" and most of us had "turned it away" during the memorial---it just HIT me what that woman had been trying to convey!

Wish I could find her again and tell her, "I've come a LONG way, Baby!" <grin>

So the "Apostates" DID do some good and planted a deep seed in ME that day!

hugs,

Annie

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I agree, a billboard would be a great idea.

Where is the WTBS' next International Convention? IMO, that would be a prime location for the billboard.

I guess my only question would be, "Who gets to count the "time" for the billboard?"

Country

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

does anyone has any pictures of those "bad" apostates at the assembly...
    I have never seen them in my country...

• freein89
    freein89

OK kids, I just had an idea, a twist on incidental witnessing. Go to restaurants and other public venues near the convention site and strike up friendly conversations with them on their off time. Pretend to be interested in what they are doing and their little "revival", you would have to be careful to avoid any witness vernacular so as not to tip them off, use words like church and sermon, you get the idea.

Pland seeds by using all of the methods they use, ask questions, draw them out, they will think THEY are incidental witnessing.

Deb

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

you're a slyyyyyyyyyyy one, aren't ya . . . ?

• freein89
    freein89

That would be me!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In NZ many people have a large folding sunprotector that fills the whole front windscreen of their car to protect it from UV. They are ideal for advertising.

Why was the WT involved with the United Nations from 1991-2001?

For more information go to>www.un.org/

...right across your windscreen every time you park your car.

Park that in front of the Hall before the meetings and assemblys and you are going to be seen by many.

It is cheap and it is at eye level.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Picketting, I don't know if it was effectual or not.( wrote some one above -I forgot who)

The thought on here is Picketing? what use is it.??? I am one who Picketed Brooklyn Bethel & The Skydome for years. Boards like this one was not around in 1989> 93 ( Or I didnt have a computer then) I want you to know MANY came free from the pickiting, David & Penny Reed ( who has helped thousands) read the sign" Read your Bible Not the WT"Penny was quite upset by that statement -but she did start to read the Bible more. I have heard many who came free from the signs. Mine said 'You are studying the bible because you think by this you will have life yet you refuse to come to ME to have life "

The other side said " The work of God is to believe in the one HE sent" as scripture says.

I didnt shout at you all I walked beside you & talked!!! Told you about LOVE!!!!! that is why I had come from Canada because I loved you... Be thankful Simon started this board, You can sit in the comfort of your home & find the truth.... Mouthy,

• mouthy
    mouthy

Izobecenic I have videos of the picketing in Brooklyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit