THE SHAME IS ON "YOU" DANSK!!!

by Aikon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

xjw...maybe so and if that is the case the I apologize, but you kno as well as I do saying somthing like that to us is tanamount to claiming we should all go back to the KH for the good of our families...*LOL* He should of expected such a reaction...IMO I think he even ticked off mouthy!...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Just a point about aikon. He mentioned specifically our kids, not parents, mothers, etc. A parent has the best chance of getting his/her kids out. However, not everyone has what it takes to be able to do that. If a person doesn't have it due to emotional problems, stress, etc, should he be criticised? No, but, he should try anyway.

SS

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I like to hear more from Aikon.

Perhaps he is just trying to do things the way he thinks is best, and took offense at Dansk's comments. Dansk's has been known to rankle a few !

• Dansk
    Dansk

No, I don't know Aikon! We've never met.

And I'm not bitter. I've moved on.

I suggest, Aikon, you re-read my thread. It was primarily aimed at those in higher positions - but I also stand by what I said. If anyone doesn't believe in Watchtower's teachings then they shouldn't be peddling its message.

Ian

• Puternut
    Puternut

Tisk, tisk,

Everone has a right to decide for themselves what course they take in their life. No one can do that for you, but yourself. Some have reason to stay, and others have reason to leave. It is nearly impossible to put ourselves in someone else's shoes. We will never know all the circumstances around what people go through. And transitions are never easy. Everything comes at a cost and with a reward.

We all have a right to life, and a right to choose what course we follow. It's pointless to tell others what to do.

Puternut

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

We used to look down at witness couples with "worldly" children. We were judgemental and heartless then. Please, lets not make the reverse mistake....

• Valis
    Valis

For those of you who don't know you should go back and read this...Dank's first post here...It pretty much explains it all and refutes any notion that Dansk has no concern or grief over his two daughter's lack of love and active shunning. They are of age to make such a descision and can't be forced to do anything.

TORN APART by Dasnk

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dansk
    Dansk

Just to make a point. From my original thread:

It's a fact that this forum is visited by Jehovah's Witnesses still loyal to Watchtower and in spite of the countless truths exposing Watchtower here these same Jehovah's Witnesses remain loyal to it.

If one comes here and isn't loyal to Watchtower then obviously my comments aren't directed at them! If someone is trying to fade, they aren't loyal, so the thread doesn't concern them! My post isn't aimed at any individual. It is aimed at Watchtower's lackys. If they come here they should know the pain the Organisation has caused. They should know the lies that have been and are continually promulgated. They should have the guts to stand up and admit they were wrong.

Ian

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I totally can understand what Dansk went thru , as I remember that thread. I was lucky my 14 yr old son,,,,,,,,said he knew the JW's was full of crap along time ago,,,,,,,,but didnt know any other way being raised in it. He was just beginning to listen to others about God, life, different viewpoints. So when we left he was ,,,,,,,,like YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

But as we sat and told him after we were sure, we were going to stop going and try to fade out,,,,,,,,,,I told him I would still go with him to meetings if he wanted me too. He didnt, thank goodness.

I am under the impression that Dansk youngest daughter is at least the age of my son at the time we left. Even a 14 yr old you can only make do so much , in regards to their spirituality. I can tell you at 17, there is no way I could tell my son what to believe, or that he had to leave the JW's , or go back for that matter,,,,,,,no matter what.

Our children have their own minds and feelings and ordering them to do something in regards to their personal belief system of religion,,,,,,,,would only backfire.

Dansk daughter knows she is welcome back to her dad's home, she choose to walk away and he made it clear she was loved and the door would be open to her.

Sometimes as parents when our children are a certain age.........we just have to let them make their own choices. I know the JW's are a serious cult.........but it takes time for a person to see that, and it has to be on their own. Dansk, is doing good by his example and I am sure when his daughter is ready she will ask more questions. Sooner or later , one thing he tells his daughter will strike a nerve and her eyes will be opened,,,,,,,,,that is my guess. She will be too curious as to why Mom, Dad and Brother don't believe after all those faithful years.

If she doesn't ,,,,,,,what can you do, you can not make her not believe , just because you tell your child at that age not to anymore.

Just my 2 cents.

• minimus
    minimus

Many of us "should" do this or that but not everyone can or will AT THAT TIME. We cannot set rules for "loyal witnesses" who visit here as if we are THEIR conscience, their heart. Do you think Ray Franz might have known for quite some time things weren't right--yet he stayed til he HAD to......And if anyone thinks they will get EVERYONE out of the "ark of salvation" at the same time, it's time for a reality check.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit