THE SHAME IS ON "YOU" DANSK!!!

by Aikon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've not bothered reading the whole thread, as I got as far as the first couple of replies and decided to comment.

Aikon:
    You've spent since 1973 fading?
    What kind of life have you had?
    No life at all, by the sounds of it, and you've STILL not accomplished your goal.

How many people have you meanwhile (hypocritically) introduced to the "troof"?

It was Jim (Amazing) who succeeded in getting his family out (posted about on Randy's site). To the best of my knowledge Randy didn't have any family at the time of his departure, having just left Brooklyn Bethel.

My heart bleeds for you, in your loss of years, and the obvious embitterment that it has brought about. However, don't criticise Ian for his stance. Each of us must do what we must do. It's almost like a "risk-analysis". Some can fade, some cannot.

The mental health of some is at stake, so why level criticism?

Nonetheless, I wish you all the best for the future, after what must have been an exhausting and disconcerting period (of three decades!!!).

Edited to add that I have since read the rest of the thread, and whilst some of my assumptions were wrong, and later clarified, I'm not one for hiding evidence of me making an ass of myself.
    Most of my points still stand, I believe.

• anglise
    anglise

Aikon

I hope it works out as you plan.

Whatever you do is fraught especially where teenagers are concerned.

The longer it takes the greater the risk of them marrying "in the truth" and then your problem is compounded.

None of us has forever despite the lies about a PE from the WTBTS.

Dont martyr those of your family and friends who could feasibly get out now for the sake of those who are still firmly entrenched.

Take care and dont forget to let us know how you are getting on.

Anglise

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I sit here reading this and I can understand where both views are coming from. But what rips out my heart most of all is the core of the thread: the WTBS' disfellowshipping policy. It is evil, unloving and very unChristian. I can think of no loving God that would WANT this to happen. My God is a God of love and happiness. The WTBS' god is a petty and selfserving god.

When I knew I could no longer be a JW, I just knew that my parents would shun me. I moved to a different state to make it much easier for myself. While I was doing my fade, my folks had started their own. I now realize how BLESSED I am that they are still a part of my life. But sadly, I know that I am in the minority on this board.

Dansk and Aiken, I wish you both the best with your family. I hope that everything will work out for you all in the end. Now I'm going to go call my Momma and tell her I love her, because I can.

CountryGuy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Achin' lemme tell....

Edited to hide evidence of what an ass I made of myself by that post

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And if anyone thinks they will get EVERYONE out of the "ark of salvation" at the same time, it's time for a reality check.

Exactly right, mini!

The original assertion overlooks many things, not least is that people leave the borg because of their own personal faith, not the family's membership of a club.

BTW Dansk, I find this thread 'on the nose' and if i could get my good arm working, I'd move it somewhere else! But let the responses stand as a testimony to the real Truth.

Cheers, Ozzie (of the one-finger typing class)

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've posted this same message on the thread Aikon took umbridge with and hope it clarifies matters for those unsure.

Also ... Watchtower monitors this and other sites
    ... and during the deposition, they asked for my screen name on JWD ... yep ... they are watchting ... and they watch other ex-JW sites ... so I have more to say on this ... and they can read it too ... because anything I say here may go on the record too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/22/68146/1064423/post.ashx#1064423

Ian

• avishai
    avishai
    Me, I have patiently waited to leave for the past 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am not selfish, as I love my family and I do not wont it the the mind conttrol of the W/T. So I am not rushing out like a fool.

Are you insinuating the rest of us who did'nt take your course are fools? THat was kind of a backhanded post imo. Some of us were aware enough not to get dunked in the first place, but I don't see them gloating. I applaud you for staying in for your family. Many of us take that course as well. But judging someoone one way or another and talking smack just ain't cool.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

CC:

But what rips out my heart most of all is the core of the thread: the WTBS' disfellowshipping policy.

Aint that the truth and, IMHO, the bottom line!

Six:
    LOL

Avishai:
    Amen.

• caspian
    caspian

Its a SHAME when posters get wires crossed that lead to such threads, I am pleased that this one has sorted itself out.

• Maverick
    Maverick

James Thomas put it all beautifully!

My impression, as twisted as that may be, is that we are primarily accountable for US. At some point we have to do what is best for US and not try to act like the hero or the martyr!

As a side note, sir, if and when you do finally leave the WTS you might consider leaving the judgmental personality in the Kingdumb Hall coat closet with all the others. I don't buy the,"slap me and then tell me you love me" BS! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit