THE SHAME IS ON "YOU" DANSK!!!

by Aikon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

I like what Min said as well about Ray Franz

When I read CoC the thing that really struck home with me and I'm not trying to knock Ray is that he did somewhat make a stand but in reality he was forced into it. I thought to myself if a man who had the knowledge of wrong doing and the scriptural understanding he had found it so difficult to leave and make a stand then it's no wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Each of us must take our own path for very different reasons or sometimes the exact reasons with very different results.

My family believes I am the Gosling in the story Gary posted a while back....sometimes I wish I was that Gosling...then I could fly down and shit on their heads for being so stupid.

I'm glad though I have people like Gary, Ian and Aikon to converse with to gain an even wider perspective on my situation.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

It occured to me about three years ago, that the family members I had in the Borg seemed as disenchanted as I did, but weren't leaving. Were we all waiting for someone to make the first move? Maybe. It's a very scary thing, to be the first one in your family to escape. However, now that I am out, one family member has left, and another has been to this site a number of times and would leave the borg, were it not for their marriage to an active dub.

Dansk, hang in there, and don't let anyone try to make you feel "shame" for your course of action. Now that you've escaped, your daughters know that they can get out whenever they want and you'll be waiting for them on the other side.

• donkey
    donkey

I tried to find the context for this thread and I pulled this post off:

It's a fact that many Jehovah's Witnesses know the truth about what's going on in the organisation and about its past history, with all its lies, its broken promises and its lying in bed with the United Nations. These Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves good Christians knowing these facts and yet they still go along with it and help promulgate lie after lie after lie after lie. Thousands upon thousands of sincere hearts have been broken and are still set to be broken because of their holding on to false hopes.

It's a fact that this forum is visited by Jehovah's Witnesses still loyal to Watchtower and in spite of the countless truths exposing Watchtower here these same Jehovah's Witnesses remain loyal to it. What's with you people? Have you no guts? Is there no-one among you willing to stand up in all true Christian conscience and admit you've been wrong? Are you too afraid to admit you've been following a false prophet all this time? Are you too cowardly to stand up and take any vilification that might come your way? Why?

If you seriously believe in God and you seriously believe you are a good Christian can you not see that your Creator will applaud your actions for exposing this heinous organisation for what it truly is and that your name will be written down in God's book for salvation? What's with you people?

How can you go on the ministry trying to enmesh other innocent people in Watchtower's web of lies and deceit? Do you honestly believe you won't be made accountable for playing your part in these lies and deceit? Do you honestly think God would genuinely give his blessing to an organisation that is an affront to Christianity, breaks families up and literally has the blood of countless thousands - or even millions - on its hands?

What's wrong with you? Are you a coward? You're not going to be burnt at the stake like some greater than you have been! These had real guts - so what's your problem?

Knowing all the absolute travesties Watchtower has been involved in and is involved in today how can YOU in all good Christian conscience not get out of her before you share in her woes? For goodness sake have some courage for once in your life and stand up against this tyrannical organisation. We'll support you all we can!

If you can continue to carry on serving Watchtower with its false anointed remnant then I can only say one thing:

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if Dansk had been castigating those of us who have not left the JW's officially and are too cowardly to leave even if we have family still "in" then I too would share the sentiments of Aikon. On the other hand I believe Dansk was chiding those who still believe the WT but have been exposed to the reality of the cult.
  • shamus
    shamus

What an ignorant comment to make. Shame on you.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Aikon, your decision may be right for you, but for you to impugn anyone else for failing to play the martyr is offensive to me.

• kls
    kls

Aikon, as you can see, Dansk is much loved here and you have critized the wrong person.Maybe someday we can have a fairytale ending like you, KLS

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

After reading Ian's original "Shame On You" post for the third time, I can only applaud him. Ian, is being true to his heart; as is Aikon (who I sense is doing a little compassionate backpedaling). Sometimes peace, love and koom-by-ya is not the way. Sometimes we may need someone to knock us out of our stupor. Sometimes love is tuff because that's what honesty, truthfulness and integrity demand. This is not a game. The JW belief system is a dangerous cult (just how dangerous many here may have difficulty seeing as it is almost too much to bear). Ian, posted what he did because he obviously cares; and in my view, has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. He said what needed saying, and amen to it. Aikon, I look forward to hearing your story, and hope things turn out as you plan (though ultimately it all may unfold in spite of you, rather than because of you. The Universe has a way of moving on it's own). j

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I dunno, I thought Dansk's accusation was directed at the WT's lurkers who come here looking for ammunition (see Amazing's "Wheel of Justice" thread) to use against those who post here.

• ISP
    ISP

Hi aikon,

you must be pretty close to a few of us here.

My situation was kinda similar to yours in that I got the truth about the truth way before my wife did from the old H2O days where I posted. It took a while for my wife to accept what I was saying.I was amazed when she also wanted to leave. I never pushed it too much and went to more meetings than I really wanted to. But it worked out fine in the end.

When I looked round I had been in it 20 years! So I wasnt that smart!

ISP

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

In my opinion...all the mud-slinging here is not going to do ANY of us XJW's, lurking JW's, or ANYONE else, any good.

I, too have 3 daughters, one was DF'd but, is now for a lot of convoluted reasons -- trying to go back...mostly, I think because she doesn't want the shunning again from family & friends, we are getting along well now, but, she's very co-dependent on my JW x-wife. The other just 'went' away. The last is at home -- who knows what is going thru her mind?

Yes, it is painful...

I have some questions and some comments . If a nervous JW were to come...right now to this fantastic site...what would they think? After all, we all know what a Satan controlled web-site this is -- according to the WTS !

How would they react to all this "SHAME ON YOU !!" stuff? Would some say...I'm outa here! Never to return?

I personally am glad I did not see this the first time I came here.

I 'know' Ian, thru his posts and certainly feel his pain and anger, from what I've read I know he's frustrated, too. Sometimes, he does have an abrasive way of saying things. Everyone here 'f a d e d' to some extent...they waited until they were sure and they were ready -- for their unique situation.

I don't 'know' Aiken, but I think he was hurt by the 'Shame on You' on the thread Ian started. He is doing what HE thinks is right for his family -- good. Go for it ! He should have -- imo -- PM'd Ian to voice his concerns instead of starting a war.

My point is -- I think 2 good people let their emotions get the best of them. I've done that more times than I can count. Rather than lambasting others for choosing a certain way of leaving, we ought to try and understand each other.

Shotgun said:

Each of us must take our own path for very different reasons or sometimes the exact reasons with very different results.

Someday, I'll write 'the rest of the story' about my daughters...it's much worse. And it hurts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit