THE SHAME IS ON "YOU" DANSK!!!

by Aikon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, Cas, are you going to be meeting up with us, on the weekend?
    I'm sure Dansk would like to meet ya, too.

Here's to the matter having been cleared up

• caspian
    caspian

Hi Ross, Whats the meeting and where?

Cas

• caspian
    caspian

Ha!!...just got your pm LOL

• SM62
    SM62

If I held a gun to my head and told my husband I would kill myself unless he left the WTS with me, he would let me blow my brains out. And all the while, he would reason that he did it because he loves me and knows he has the truth. By allowing me to die, he would actually be giving me everlasting life He has actually hinted as much. He would rather I was dead than be an 'apostate'.

What I am trying to say is, no matter what we do or say, if you force someone to leave, or choose your love and friendship over the WTS, they may well leave the organisation out of loyalty to you, but they would not truly be 'out'. Everyone has to make their own decision. This took me some time to realise, but you can't live a lie for years on the off-chance that your family members will finally listen to you. In fact, I feel I have more chance getting my family out if I leave than if I stay. Not that my husband would leave the WTS for my sake as I would have done for him - but each to their own.

Terri

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Dansk:

... and during the deposition, they asked for my screen name on JWD ... yep ... they are watchting ... and they watch other ex-JW sites ... so I have more to say on this ... and they can read it too ... because anything I say here may go on the record too.

...a chill just went down my spine when I read those words above. I figured there were individual lurkers who would try and find out the identity of those here...to 'lovingly' turn them in to the Elders for an 'adjustment' to their thinking...

But, I had NO idea it was an organised effort...damn...

But, thanks for the info...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Terri,

If I held a gun to my head and told my husband I would kill myself unless he left the WTS with me, he would let me blow my brains out. And all the while, he would reason that he did it because he loves me and knows he has the truth

Gee, that sorta fulfills Bible prophesy doesn't it? No natural affection...

Recently, I had back surgery. No one in my family even bothered to call or visit to see how things went. Luckily I did not die and was able to call them myself to let them know -- they nervously said, "Good." And quickly let me know they had food on the stove or it was meeting night, ya' know? I had forgotten...

They DO act just like Jesus...don't they ?

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Aikon,

Everyone must choose his or her own path to the Kingdom Hall exit door. That said, I also can?t help but say that I personally believe that if you stay in a ?lie? in an effort to try and help your family out of a ?lie?, this is somewhat hypocritical and illogical reasoning. The means (in this case) don?t justify the ends. One must be true one?s beliefs and principles (even if it is a difficult road) or one has not much to offer any one else. If you truly believe that being a Jehovah?s Witness is wrong, then be a guiding light and show the way out to others, (including your family) by leaving. Life?s hard. No one say?s its gonna be easy. Have the balls to stand by what you believe in.

Anyway, by and large, people don?t quit bad habits or develop new ones for other people. They do it for themselves or they don?t do it all, most times. In this case the bad habit is being a JW.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I read Dansk original thread and didn't feel offended by it--think he was just venting like we all do sometimes--putting the WT leaders to shame..I think many of us feel a lot of compassion for the R&F JWs who are trapped in there for whatever reason: because it is the only life they know, they think it is the right think to do, they are afraid to do anything else because of the consequences, they are in denial, or because they are too weak or mentally ill to think at all. I don't think that many of us feel these are the ones to blame, but I do say shame on the WT leaders and judges who are controlling and misleading those who are looking to them for guidance and direction...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit