USA Election 2004

by Simon 242 Replies latest social current

• little witch
    little witch

I will vote Bush this time around.

I was pleased that Kerry defied the predictions of Hollywood though.

Dean is a dork....

But ultimately I find Kerry the Ketchup Queen.....And his start off platform I could go with, but he has gotten completely silly of late.

Dont ask me to accept inuendo and conspiracy theory. I will not...

His good sense has become guided by extremist views of late, and he goes along with it.....I find him uncredible.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Angel,

As far as I am concerned Yeru and all his supporters on this board should just pound sand. I am sick of all of the Bush apologists with their heads in the sand. Scarrrrry!

Anybody but Bush.

I didn't realize I had supporters on this board. I'd love to be over there pounding sand than sitting here pounding a keyboard, but they won't let me go. I have my head in the sand? How exactly is that? What have I said that's untrue?

Your "Anybody but Bush" shows exactly what the problem is, you're out of any ideas of your own and you can only oppose someone who believes in action rather than waffling.

Me, I'm voting for Bush, you can vote for the guy who thinks terrorism is a problem to be handled by the Justice Department as oppossed to the military.

• little witch
    little witch

Action vs waffling..

that is what is driving my vote. I love freedom, but hate the ideologic freaks that use ideology to rule..I dont want that to happen.

I also agree that France is progressive....much as I hate to give kudos to France.....

Enough of overt religion.

Let us focus on learning and not religion. We are all too global. If a Jew or Muslim were to visit my home, I would do whatever necessary to accomadate them...No pork, etc. I would give them what I have and leave the room...

I would expect the same....Our government should not and cannot be devoted to a particular religion. Theocracy is scary. I dont like the idea of theocracy.....More war, more division. Religion is personal and should not be taught, preached, or insisted upon.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    No major candidate represents the American people. Bush and Kerry are internationalists, .....Both represent and protect corporate interest to the detriment of working people. Kucinich is the American version of Putin ......and Edwards is the ambulance chasing multimillionaire....As long as the Repub and Democratic parties continue to control the election process no one who really wants to represent us, the people, has a chance.
    AMEN!
    Feb 12, 2004

As far as I am concerned Yeru and all his supporters on this board should just pound sand. I am sick of all of the Bush apologists with their heads in the sand. Scarrrrry!

What, like your opinion is the only one that counts.... chill out, it's politics (scheesch, talk about Scarrrry)
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here we go again?????

Intern allegations threaten Kerry campaign
    12/02/2004 - 18:38:27

Right-wing news web site The Drudge Report ? which broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal ? claimed a woman close to Senator Kerry recently left America at his behest.

It also reported that his former rival for the Democratic nomination, General Wesley Clark, told reporters in an off-the-record conversation last week: ?Kerry will implode over an intern issue.?

Internet columnist Matt Drudge said three reporters could confirm the comments by former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Clark, who quit the race for the party?s nomination yesterday amid poor results.

He also claimed that Time magazine, ABC News, Washington Post and Associated Press ? where the woman in question was said to have once worked ? had been investigating her relationship with Kerry for several days.

Decorated Vietnam veteran Kerry is married to Theresa Heinz Kerry, the wealthy heiress to the food empire.

Drudge claimed a close friend of the mystery woman approached a reporter late last year claiming ?fantastic stories?.

He also suggested that behind-the-scenes panic in the Kerry camp was prompting former campaign front-runner, former Vermont Governor Howard Dean, to increase his attacks on Kerry in the last few days.

Drudge said that explained why Dean decided to reverse his decision to drop out of the race if he failed to win the Wisconsin primary on February 17.

Senator Kerry, from Massachusetts, is currently the runaway favourite to win the Democratic ticket to run against President George Bush in November.

He has won 12 of the 14 state primaries and caucuses held so far.

Kerry was born on December 11, 1943 in Denver, Colorado. He has two children from his first marriage, and three step-children with his current wife.

A Kerry campaign spokesman had no immediate comment in response to the claims.
  • logansrun
    logansrun

Yeru,

As a general rule it's always good to cite your sources. Mind doing that for us?

B.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Brad,

Sorry, I'd meant to do that. Aside from being on the Drudge web site...it's here.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=94575760&p=94576466

Don't know if this is real or not...We'll wait and see.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Hey, if I was a big-time politician I'd be bangin' interns left and right....

hehe...j/k...

(sort of!)

Bradley

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yeru isn't making up the story about the intern thing but really who cares if it's true or not. The Drudge Report was the first site to break the story about the Lewinsky affair so this story does have some weight behind it. Again, though who cares. If you have power, you are most likely going to use it to get in any girls pants you can find. Not surprising. That's why I thought Kucinich is cool because he's not married and doesn't have to pretend he's faithful like everyone else. Swing baby swing.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I think the REAL story here is that General Clark, lap dog of the Clintons, said in front of 12 reporters "off the record" that Kerry would implode due to an intern scandal before Drudge broke the story. I think this is the Clintons trying to hamstring Kerry so Hillary can run in 2008.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit