USA Election 2004

by Simon 242 Replies latest social current

• SM62
    SM62
    You could buy Blair y'know? You could have him with London Bridge ... two for the price of one. Make 'em into a theme park attraction.

Simon - no no no! Not London Bridge! Let them have the Millenium Dome instead - it's a complete waste of space - a perfect match for Blair.

Terri

PS - Could we throw in his free-loading wife too?

• ColdRedRain
  • Badger
    Badger

Because he opposed the Vietnam War after fighting in it? So did my Dad...so did a lot of people.

Not agreeing with you government's policies is a reason to lose an election? I thought not agreeing was a reason to run in the first place.

He ain't screwed...he's right.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Please, please, please NOT Bush! I honestly don't believe America can take another four years of him.

For me, I guess it boils down to the question: Is my life better after three years of Bush leadership? Hmm... lets see. During his presidency, I lost my job. Which lead to being unemployed for six weeks. Then, I was underemployed for two years. I went from making $30,000 a year to making $17,000; but I still had the same bills. This lead to us losing our home. The sad thing, this is happening all over America.

The Democrats are going to have a hard battle for the White House, but I believe they can take it back.

CountryGuy

• ball.
    ball.

BBC just covered Kerrys speech. The thing I was interested in was he was saying about bringing jobs back to America and legislating for workers in every trade agreement. I wonder what all the outsourcing companies think about that?

• patio34
    patio34

It seems to me that they've got Bush by the short hairs. The mainstream media is raising questions constantly about the Iraq invasion, the economy, his military history, and now, his religious leanings (60 Minutes on Sunday linking him to the rapture-believers).

I think a Bush-Kerry debate will be wonderful! Bush, according to even Peggy Noonan of the WSJ, is not good at interviews (off-the-cuff talks), but is good in speeches (that have been written by Karl Rove, et al). If his handlers aren't able to tell him what to say, it'll be very interesting to see him debate Kerry.

As Bush said so callously when our soldiers were being attacked in Iraq: "Bring it on!!"

Pat

• wednesday
    wednesday

May the best man win-And i mean bush. He's got my vote . He says what he menas and means what he says. Bad guys beware, we have a president with backbone.

Kerry is not a bad guy, but he should quit trying to invent things to hang Bush on. he's only going to hang himnself. He should not be elected for pres just b/c he hates Bush. but the democarats are so desperate-he's the best they have to offer, but he's not good enough.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The reason why I said Kerry was screwed wasn't because he opposed 'Nam, rather, it was how he opposed 'Nam.

Americans aren't going to like a "Military Hero" that disrespected our soldiers like how he did.

Not to mention too, the anti-war bloc is going to sit home, because he was one of many dimocrat senators to support Iraq.

• Badger
    Badger

I'm not sure about the anti-war block just sitting it out...It depends who his running mate is. If he goes with Clark, Clark could still be a good draw for the anti-war folks.

I'm a Dean fan, but he'd be the wrong chioce for Veep...I'd put himin a cabinet spot in a second, though...

Edwards ain't through yet...YET.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It reads: "There is no doubt that our field of movement is shrinking and the grip around the throat of the mujahedeen has begun to tighten. With the spread of the army and police, our future is becoming frightening."

The writer says he is having a difficult time gathering forces. "Iraq has no mountains in which to seek refuge, or forest in which to hide."

And the writer concedes, "Our enemy is growing stronger day after day, and its intelligence information increases. By God, this is suffocation."

These are the words of Al Qaeda operatives in Iraq to their superiors in Afghanistan/Pakistan...this was on the ABC News web site...not being reported much this clear sign of success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit