would you hit a woman if she hit you first? (for men)

by pudd 93 Replies latest social relationships

• reboot
    reboot

Amen.

• shera
    shera

Well,if I just decide to hit a man because I am angry with him,thats abuse like a man hitting a woman out of anger. Just wrong.

If a woman is beating on a man,of course the man has to defend himself,just like a woman would defend herself.

A woman has no right to try to beat on a man,and think she has a right to do that because she is "weaker".

• reboot
    reboot

((shera)) the point of the thread's getting lost in translation.

We're talking about a man who has a woman cornered,who is physically and verbally abusing her , scaring her, using his strength to keep her where he wants her; intimidating her and threatening her.This is'nt spousal abuse-it's a woman trying to get him off her in desperation; and it's frightening.

Obviously if a woman hits a man for no reason she is an abusive wife-but that's not what this thread's about. i'm amazed at the number of men on here who think this is either something to joke about or who feel if they were physically threatening a woman and she's trying to get him off then their violence is allowable.

• little witch
    little witch

Reboot,

are we reading the same thread? Pudd posed an intirely different question, go back and read the original. The question was if a woman hit a man would he retaliate by a smack back and feel justified in doing so...

• avishai
    avishai
    I would like to as the men on the board a question. if your wife/partner were to slap you during an argument, would you feel that if you were you to hit back it would make you equal?

Reboot, this is the original question.

Here is your point;

We're talking about a man who has a woman cornered,who is physically and verbally abusing her , scaring her, using his strength to keep her where he wants her; intimidating her and threatening her.This is'nt spousal abuse-it's a woman trying to get him off her in desperation; and it's frightening.

Obviously if a woman hits a man for no reason she is an abusive wife-but that's not what this thread's about. i'm amazed at the number of men on here who think this is either something to joke about or who feel if they were physically threatening a woman and she's trying to get him off then their violence is allowable.

In the case you bring up, a woman, by all means can, and should pick up the nearest available instrument, preferably a cast Iron skillet and knock a foot or so off the bastard doing so.
  • reboot
    reboot
    there was no recognition of the difference in strenght. in addition, in the event in question, his girlfriend had only slapped him because he had her pinned against a wall, yelling at her.

((little witch and avishai)) I was also responding to this above - which was a few posts down also written by Pudd;and I did read the whole thread , really carefully- just tryingto get it bak on track as some hav'nt and are confusing it with spousal abuse.

• reboot
    reboot
    There is self defense and self defense. If a woman is in serious danger, too right you would hit hard were it hurts, but is it not also a form of self defense when the man you love has you pinned in a corner, being verbaly abusive? if he refuses to let her go, and is being threatening in his behavior while i am not saying she should have slapped him, but i am saying it was understandable.

I was also responding to this.The question that is being asked very clearly is defining more and more as the thread progresses- as my answers are also trying to.This is very upsetting for me and im sorry if it's coming across badly- but people MUST understand the difference between being labelled as 'violent' by a lunatic when you're acting in self defence cos youre scared.

• little witch
    little witch

I see. My bad.

Shera wasnt out of turn however in her post, so I just wanted to clarify that in her defense. Nasty topic isnt it? So much confusion over an unfortunatly widespread problem. Of course it is good to discuss the ugly rather than sweep it under the rug.

• reboot
    reboot

no! shera wasnt at all- thats why i started my post with a hugjust don't want the thread to get confused with another form of abuse.

• one_ugly_time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit