would you hit a woman if she hit you first? (for men)

by pudd 93 Replies latest social relationships

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I've never heard of men and women work mates slapping each other like that before, you sure you two weren't in bed together when this happened.

LOL! God no. She's ugly as sin. I think I helped her complexion.

• Englishman
    Englishman

We do have an expression in Somerset to describe an unattractive person:

A face like a smacked arse!

Englishman.

• obiwan
    obiwan

If she hit me, no. But, if she was beating on me, then she better brace herself, and not in a good way.

• pudd
    pudd

I asked this question because I recently got into a heated debate about it with a male friend. I wondered if his attitude reflected that of the male population as a whole. he feels that women have fought for equality but only want it when it suits them. there was no recognition of the difference in strenght. in addition, in the event in question, his girlfriend had only slapped him because he had her pinned against a wall, yelling at her.

In addition his argument was that it is importaint to take other things into account, such as her constant nagging which had worn him down.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I don't know.......If a woman ever hit me and it wasn't an accident I'd likely knock her block off. There are other ways of dealing with anger than going there. Men are admonished to practice restraint all the time, I don't see why it should be any different for women.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well in the eyes of the law, if a woman strikes a man with anything besides an open hand, she can be charged with assault, as long as the man does not strike back, but that rarely happens.

• maxwell
    maxwell

Like most people it depends. No unless she could hit with enough force to actually physically hurt me, and she intended to continue to hit me. In general women are weaker than men if I don't want a woman to hurt me, I don't have to hit back to keep her from hurting me even if she is mad and has her arms swinging away. That is said in a general way. There are the exceptions who are much stronger than average. I suppose that's part of the reason for the unequal treatment under the law. Women can get away with throwing drinks and slapping men although technically that's assault.

• shotgun
    shotgun

You could smack him with your pudd

Truthfully I've never understood when a man said I had to hit her....but like I've said personally I've never been backed into a corner.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not think so --it is something I feel very strongly about - I hate men who hit women -- I have never hit a woman in my life

• reboot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit