Ewart Chitty

by NoAbuse 93 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

An old newspaper article that mentions Chitty:

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

Leo K. Greenlees was forced to resign and leave Bethel in late 1984. He entered the Toronto, Canada Bethel in 1936, eventually becoming treasurer of the Canadian branch and of the IBSA of Canada. In 1964 he went to Brooklyn Bethel, and in 1965 was elected as a director of the Society's New York corporation. As a director Greenlees automatically became a "governing body" member when that body was formally instituted in 1971. He often spoke at Gilead graduations, and was the concluding speaker for the day at the Watchtower Centennial business meeting at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on October 6, 1984. A 1982 Watchtower mentions him as being on the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body. Greenlees' last mention in Watchtower publications is in the December 1, 1984 Watchtower where he is said to have passed out diplomas at the September Gilead graduation.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

He [Chitty] often spoke at Gilead graduations, and was the concluding speaker for the day at the Watchtower Centennial business meeting at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on October 6, 1984.

Wow ... I must be getting old.

A relative of mine got tickets for me. I drove to Pittsburgh for the Centennial meeting and still have some of the brochures. I even went to the grave site of CT Russell and saw his pyramid gravestone.

Wow ... that brings back many memories.

Rub a Dub

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse
    NameBirthDeath
    EWART C CHITTY 11 Feb 1898 15 Jun 1993
  • waton
    waton
    Jun 1993

NA: That makes the overlapping anointed generation a year longer or 2 , because David Splane calculated the groups with a middle point of 1992. the end of Frederick Franz.

Bachelors, but not bachelors of exact sciences.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

That makes the overlapping anointed generation a year longer or 2 because david Splane calculated the groups with a middle point o 1992.

waton ...

Just blame it on the zero year, that f'n zero year.

If your calculations don't work out right, it's the zero year.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know I must be twisted, but why when I think of Chitty with the young bethelites does that old movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" come into my mind" ?

Rub a Dub

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

A photo of a young Mr. Greenlees on the left. It is unknown if Chitty was in attendance this day.

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

Interestingly, Greenlees appears to be holding a cigarette in this photo. I know at the time of this photo, smoking was acceptable, but still strange to see.

• waton
    waton
    A photo of a young Mr. Greenlees on the left

NA he seems to be holding hands with Mr Glen How on the right , right? bsw,

Greenlees made good tools.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit