Do You Think President Trump Will Be Impeached?

by minimus 242 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Given that Clinton had the debate questions, 90% of the press, the IRS and the FBI all working for her and every celebrity on the planet giving free concerts and shoutouts ... and she still lost it ... against apparently the dumbest man to walk the earth. Shouldn't they already pack up and go away?

I don't give a shit about Clinton.... I don't belong to tribes where i feel compelled to defend anybody or anything just because I share some sort of idiotic identity, so you can go ahead and use that logic with someone else.

• sir82
    sir82

Manafort guilty on 8 of 18 charges, mistrial on the 10 others.

So maybe he'll only get 100 or so years in prison.

Unless he has some "secrets" to share, that is.

• sir82
    sir82

This just gets better & better - LOL.

Banner headline on MSN (no story yet):

Ex-Trump attorney Cohen says he arranged payments at the direction of 'candidate for federal office'

to influence election.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

President Trump, as of today, is being implicated as a co-conspirator in a federal election crime.

His impeachment might come a lot sooner than we thought.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I find it very telling that after 8 years of republican lead stonewalling of Obama and going after Clinton even after she was no longer SoS that there was very little legal litigation, however, within just 18 months damn near everyone in orbit of president cheat-O are either in jail or going broke fighting for their lives in court.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Ex-Trump attorney Cohen says he arranged payments at the direction of 'candidate for federal office'
    to influence election.

Payments to whom? Stormi Daniels?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Yes. Stormy Daniels and also Karen McDougal.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Not sure this is enough in itself but if Cohen is going to make a deal then he may have some more evidence.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I think that if it's enough to convict Cohen than it should be enough to convict the beneficiary of the election.

This was Donald Trump cheating on his wife. This was Donald Trump's money to cover it up. And this was Donald Trump's campaign. He's 100% guilty.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Cohen entered a guilty plea, with no obligation to cooperate further. He’s done as far as I can tell. There is no conviction, he plead guilty to a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with Trump (surprise!) and one charge of going over campaign finance limits for personal donations, and illegal contributions through a corporation - which I assume is him submitting invoices to Trump’s corporation for reembuersement after paying off the two ladies.

The devil is in the details. Cohen is on record saying he Trump didn’t have any involvement. Now he’s on record saying Trump had “knowledge” of the payments, which BTW isn’t illegal as far as I can tell. It’s the reembuersement. It’s going to be hell making that stick. The prosecutor characterized him as being utterly dishonest. Testimony from him is worthless.

*sigh*... look, as a matter of just plain historical strategy, you might want to hold off for a few days. We’ve been here before about 100 times. You know, the we-have-him-now moment that evaporates like a fart in the wind.

Also note: if this is how they are going to go after him, it’s exactly like I thought. Nothing to do with Russia, “collusion” or anything close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit