Do You Think President Trump Will Be Impeached?

by minimus 242 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Whether you like him or not.... it doesn’t matter. Do you think he will be impeached??

• minimus
    minimus

I doubt it very much

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

No I think he will get 2 terms and no impeachment, and I'm not a fan of any prez to date.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

For Trump to be impeached, his political enemies would need to provide evidence of an impeachable offence in a court of law.

1. Boasting that women will let famous men grab them by the pussy - not an impeachable offence.

2. Calling MS-13 gang members animals - not an impeachable offence.

3. Mocking a disabled person - not an impeachable offence.

4. Saying that America is getting lots of crappy illegal immigrants from Mexico - not an impeachable offence.

5. Wanting to wipe out terrorist groups - not an impeachable offence.

The latest from The Guardian is that one of his former aides has claimed that Trump liberally said the n-word.

If true this is bad but it still would not be an impeachable offence.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Boasting that women will let famous men grab them by the pussy - not an impeachable offense.

True but if a woman files a charge against him for sexual assault and wins the case in court , that might very well be grounds for impeachment.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

There are two possible avenues for impeachment:

1: If Trump obstructed justice (this is what Nixon got kicked out of office for)

2: If Trump broke the law

The first one, to me, seems to be blatantly obvious. But we'll have to see what Mueller says. Concerning the second one, "collusion" with Russia could potentially break several laws including:

• Accepting a contribution from a foreign government (52 USC 30121)
    • Gathering or delivering defense information to aid a foreign government (18 US Code 794)
    • Conspiracy to defraud the United States (18 U.S. Code § 371)
    • Fraud by wire, radio, or TV (18 USC 1343)
    • Benefiting from corrupt foreign practices (15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1)
    • Failure to disclose campaign finances ( The Federal Election Campaign Act)

If Muller brings evidence for either of this claims I think impeachment proceedings will begin. And if Democrats take the Senate than I have no doubt Trump will be impeached. Otherwise, with Republican's in power I'd say the odds are 50/50. But all this really hinges on what the Mueller investigation turns up.

We'll have to wait and see.

• Simon
    Simon

The Democrats don't give a rats ass about democracy. The whole thing is falling to pieces and is clearly a political invention to try to undermine and override the results of the election which they thought was going to be a coronation of Clinton.

They have nothing but a few people brokering deals to enrich themselves. Compare anything that the Mueller investigation has come up with and it pales into insignificance next to the corruption of the Clinton foundation and the deals SHE made with Russia.

It's all noise and smoke to sway the next election. That's why there are so many "if's"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The left may try, but they are

Image result for grasping at straws cartoon

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

1. If Trump obstructed justice (this is what Nixon got kicked out of office for)

The first one, to me, seems to be blatantly obvious.

lol. Yes, clearly.

#BringBackComey

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    2: If Trump broke the law

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit