Do You Think President Trump Will Be Impeached?

by minimus 242 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Trump may be impeached. They left might get the votes to start the process. Now, I don’t think this “blue wave” is real, but we’ll see.

If he is impeached, the Democrats in the House of Representatives will have to come up with some Articles of Impeachment. They will have to put it in writing and vote on it. This is where it will get nuts. What are they going to put? Likely stuff similar to what Coded Logic has stated - things like obstruction, foreign donations, and probably “collusion” which is not a crime. However, they can add it to the list because this is a political function. So let’s say they do that, and because they took the House, they will line up along party lines, never looking at the evidence, and just vote for it.

Now the real shit show begins ... Because from there it goes to the Senate for a “trial”. I added the quotation marks because it’s not like a criminal trial, it’s a political function.

Nevertheless, to actually remove the president, you need a 2/3 vote in the Senate, which the Democrats will simply not have. But in the mean time the trial will be public. And the networks won’t be able to hide it. They will talk about obstruction, and we’ll get to hear over and over again how it was NOT obstruction to fire Comey. He was partisan, and probably leaked classified data. Then it will move into collusion, and well get to hear how there is actually NO evidence for it, that it’s not even a crime, but if it were, you should be locking Clinton up for it.

It will be a total disaster for the Democrats. But they are too crazed to see it.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It is illegal for for foreign nationals to seek to influence our elections. Which is why Robert Mueller has indicted two dozen Russians.

It is ALSO illegal for campaigns to accept help from foreign governments and agents. I can cite the specific laws again if you like Simon.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Impeached....no,....but the pressure could take a toll and he could eventually resign... it's terrible for the country all that partisan fight, the people are getting tired of people pushing agendas for political purposes and not taking care of the real problems around.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@mikeflood: I don’t think he’ll resign even if impeached. And, honestly, even if we were talking about a Democrat as President, I would really hope that pressure over partisan fights wouldn’t be a catalyst for resigning. If that happens it would basically mean there is a “hecklers veto” on the Presidency. Not good.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

A curious point of view MeanMrMustard

Do you think it was a mistake for Nixon to have resigned?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Coded Logic:

No. Unless you are saying he was heckled/harassed out of office by partisan fighting. Is that what you are saying? Or perhaps there was more to it than that.

• Simon
    Simon
    It is illegal for for foreign nationals to seek to influence our elections. Which is why Robert Mueller has indicted two dozen Russians.

Again, you need to be clear - the laws are for tampering directly, you cannot make 'influence' illegal.

It is ALSO illegal for campaigns to accept help from foreign governments and agents. I can cite the specific laws again if you like Simon.

So do you accept that Clinton and Obama going to commission a dossier on Trump from foreign spies was criminal?

All this impeachment talk is just talk. They don't want to go through the process of impeaching him at all and know they can't (plus that would mean Pence as president). What they are trying to do is wear people down and use it as a way to get donations and votes without actually having to go through the process of proving any crime by Trump.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

No reasonable person, who wants to have a president that is serious, responsible and decent, can ever support this lunatic staying in the office.

And if any of his supporters pause and reflect on whether they would support Trump if he had run as a democrat, and the answer is no, then you are a moron, that doesn't realize you are in a cult, and like the Jehovah Witnesses are willing to support any drivel as long as it's part of you tribe.

Now, will he be impeached? I doubt it.. I think Trump will lose the next election before that happens. And if democrats can't win an election after Trump's first term, which by all accounts is a near-disgrace, then they should disband their party, and start over again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't think even the hardest-core Leftist would really want Trump impeached.

His veep, Mike Pence, would take the seat.

As fundagelicals go, he's even scarier than Pat Robertson, IMO.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Vidiot:

If they are successful in impeachment AND removal, which are separate things, such that Trump had to leave office, the Democrats wouldn’t stop with Trump. The next thing you would get is that Pence was “in on it.”

And it’s one thing if there is evidence for it. But there simply isn’t. It keeps being shown for the what it is - the lefts attempt to deligitimize Trump and remove him. Each new piece of evidence is debunked in real time, thanks in large part to social media, which is why you see the moves being made there. The propaganda can’t gain any real hold, unless you are a 24x7 mainstream media viewer.

If he is removed without evidence, or the BS the left is currently holding up as evidence, I don’t see how this will end well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit