Do You Think President Trump Will Be Impeached?

by minimus 242 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Unlikely to be impeached.

Almost certainly going to trial shortly after as his term is up*, likely going to federal prison for the rest of his life afterward.

If pardoned, will face enough state-level charges to lock him up for life, if convicted.

He will likely die behind bars (unless he suffers the long-overdue stroke brought on from his 4-Big-Macs-and-2-gallons-of-Diet-Coke-per-day diet first).

*Assuming term is up in 2021....if somehow re-elected, would almost certainly not survive until 2025 due to diet / stress.

Flame away!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I don't know the legalities of impeachment, but he should've been kicked to the curb already. I'm sure there's enough evidence to do so right now, total incompetence being one of the reasons.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@sir82:

Of course he could be put on trial after leaving office. But THAT would be an equal disaster for the Democrats. Why? Because they have to bring charges of an actual crime. And then we get to publicly see the case dismantled piece-by-piece. Collusion? No such thing, even if there was evidence, and there’s not. And if it were a crime, better go get Hillary too. Obstruction? Nope. Grabbing pussy?

What a disaster.

• minimus
    minimus

I wish you could try to see that it’s not simply I don’t like him or I think he’s a jerk. The real question is do you think he will be impeached? Even if you do hate him for whatever your reasons or you think he’s God’s gift to us all, ...what’s your vote? Will he be impeached??

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@minimus:

If the Democrats take the House, yes (70/30 chance, in favor). Otherwise no.

• sir82
    sir82

Collusion? No such thing, even if there was evidence, and there’s not.

Having a hard time parsing that sentence.

"Collusion" is an informal, imprecise non-legal shortcut term for "conspiracy".

E.g., there is nothing in any legal statute about "bumping off" your business partner, either, but lack of that term in a statute book does not make murder legal.

A few charges that may be brought up:

-- Obstruction of justice

-- Witness tampering

-- Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002

-- Conspiracy to defraud the United States

There are others as well, that's just off the top of my head.

Not to mention any financial shenanigans uncovered in the investigation.

Trump is acting like every other guilty mobster who is about to be caught, in the history of forever. It's an easily recognizable pattern.

• sir82
    sir82

Answering the specific OP question, I suspect that even if the Democrats win the house, no impeachment.

At least they shouldn't - I think it would be politically damaging if they do.

Reason being, there would certainly not be anywhere close to enough votes in the Senate to convict.* They run the risk of making Trump a "sympathetic" (!) martyr in the eyes of his base, and might motivate enough of them to bring about his re-election in 2020.

* Assuming that nothing truly & inexcusably horrific is uncovered. At this point, given what we've seen, I can't imagine anything being shocking enough to convince 15-18 Republican senators to convict.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Before a person - any person - can be impeached, he has to be charged with a crime.

So far no crime has been named; they want to impeach on the basis of hair color!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@sir82: That’s exactly my point. They would have to list something EXACTLY in the articles, or if you are talking about a post-term trial, they would have to list the criminal charges EXACTLY.

It can’t be “collusion” although the Maxine Waters types would want to throw that in there. It can’t be “he doesn’t act presidential” or “his tweets show he is rediculous” or “it’s just obvious he isn’t fit for the office.”

Then they have to present evidence. Actual evidence.

He is also behaving exactly like you would expect an innocent man to behave.

• minimus
    minimus

Evidence is all it takes. No evidence equals no impeachment....(I think)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit