Do You Think President Trump Will Be Impeached?

by minimus 242 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    My point is that no one is 'above the law'; even the president, whether Republican or Democrat and should be treated the same as 'the man on the street' in the eyes of the law.

But in the US, this is not the case. Congress has a tax-payer-funded slush fund to pay off it's members corruption for instance. Diplomats and illegal immigrants can escape justice that would be applied to citizens etc...

So let's drop the pretence that "everyone will be treated like the man on the street" because this is patently not the case and is not something the left OR right have supported previously, so why start now?

The idealists system is not going to happen so it makes no sense to imagine we're operating within such a system.

• minimus
    minimus

Queenqueg... that was priceless!!!👍👍👍👍👍👍

• minimus
    minimus

The bottom line is that half the country hates Trump and the others do not. What’s sad is how angry people get if you don’t accept their POV.

Many people simply refuse to accept Trump as President. They even refuse to use his name. These types are ignorant and arrogant. Clinton didn’t get elected and their little world was shattered. It’s embarrasing to see their behavior.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"So let's drop the pretence that "everyone will be treated like the man on the street" " - Simon

I NEVER said any such thing. I said "should be treated the same as 'the man on the street' in the eyes of the law." Please don't misquote me in order to further your own agenda or viewpoint. Perhaps if we DID step up to the plate and treat the president, congress, illegal aliens, and diplomats equally by applying the laws of the land consistently, maybe some semblance of social stability would return to the United States.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Me thinks that right about now...Donald Trump, his wife and his kids are regretting that Trump became President!

History is not going to be good to this knucklehead!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    minimus: "The bottom line is that half the country hates Trump and the others do not. What’s sad is how angry people get if you don’t accept their POV."

Me thinks it's closer to 30/70! 30% of the Country like this guy and 70% thinks he's...well a ...knucklehead!

• Simon
    Simon
    I NEVER said any such thing. I said "should be treated the same as 'the man on the street' in the eyes of the law." Please don't misquote me in order to further your own agenda or viewpoint

I didn't misquote you. I'm saying that playing pretend games of wanting a utopian system while admirable is meaningless.

The system we "should" have is not the system we do, and we will never have such a system because 'people'. So it's a pointless exercise and utterly useless to this discussion to consider it or talk about it.

He's not "the average man on the street" (although he appeals to them). He's a billionaire and the president of the USA.

• Simon
    Simon
    History is not going to be good to this knucklehead!

I think history has already been pretty good - record low unemployment (esp. in minority communities), record stock-market highs and bull-runs, repealing some pretty odious legislation like Title IV.

The person who will fail hard in the historical context is Obama - no achievements whatsoever and plenty of smouldering ashes to place at his feet. A real low point for the USA.

What is the black voter support up to now for Trump? 36%? This is why there is SO much noise from the left and their MSM puppets and it's only going to increase as they get more desperate as people turn away from their platform of hate, intolerance and lawlessness. As the pool shrinks, there are more and more looneys concentrated so they get more and more deranged.

Trump is campaigning for 2020 already and the dems have pinned so much on this Russia thing they haven't noticed that they don't have anyone to challenge him.

What's the plan? Clinton again? LOL The crazy Cortez women? ha ha ha

4 more years kids :D

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Simon: I think history has already been pretty good

I wasn't a fan of Obama either! But me thinks right about now 70% of the voting Country would take Obama back in a heartbeat!

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Many people simply refuse to accept Trump as President. They even refuse to use his name. These types are ignorant and arrogant.

Does the same go for all of those people, like you, who used every slur they could think of for Obama while he was President?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit