Issue Facing Apostates

by Mishnah 105 Replies latest jw friends

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

I have a respect for people who DO believe in God. A respect that keeps me from jumping in, and saying things to them like "You are wasting your time! Wake up and smell the coffee!"

I would never preach my lack of belief to anyone. So why is it I wonder that they feel the need to correct us, or say that we are blasphemous? Hasn't it been made clear that some of us are atheist?

The arrogance of christianity never fails to show it's face. Obviously, since we do not believe that God exists, then blasphemy doesn't really mean a whole lot does it?

And please don't say "well please show me respect by not blaspheming in front of me." How much respect do you show the Buddist, or the Hindu? Would you eat a steak in a restaurant, and there was a Hindu sitting at the table in beside you? Would you drink coffee if you were sitting at a table with a mormon that belives that you can't have caffine?

• eeyore
    eeyore

G-d_knows:

Be careful here, you are treading the fine line of blasphemy against God, for which you can never be forgiven. I love you and do not want to see that happen to you.

Hmmm... try reading what the Bible says

Luke 12:10: And everyone that says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but he that blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven it

Matthew 12:31-32: On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

Mark 3:28-29: Truly I say to YOU that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins and blasphemies they blasphemously commit. 29 However, whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

• Vienna
    Vienna

I agree with you Mishnah, there are lots of people on this board who hate God. It really hurts my heart to see that, because so many leave the JWs, forgetting that it's the organization of men and not God that has mislead them. I was a JW for 21 years and have been following the true and wonderful Jesus Christ for the past three years. Please remember that many JWs are wonderful people who have just been mislead, and being mean, thoughtless and outright nasty does nothing to draw them out. And these are not qualities that our Lord Jesus Christ has. There are many wonderful people who are JWs, so PLEASE stop having hatred for people if they are in that organization and show some humanity. If it were not for people heaping me with love WHILE showing me the wrongness of the organization, I would of probably still BE a JW. Of course our heavenly Father draws His sheep to him (thankful everyday he drew me out), but it's up to us who are out to us words of kindness along with facts to help JWs. Jesus is wonderful. The Father is wonderful (beyond description). And there is a beautiful and happy life full of praise and honor to our creator, even after being a Jehovah's Witnesses. Please stop the nasty remarks and sarcastic comments to those who are JWs. Please.

Vienna

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Most of the stuff posted here is negative, hateful, and blasphemous against God. Even if many of you are right in saying that the JWs are wrong on many and important issues, that does not make you right. So unless you are convinced that there is no biblical God you are facing serious trouble when you die or if the Lord comes during your lifetime. If you’re convinced there is no biblical God then I guess you’re okay if you end up being right.
    The problem you apostates face either way is this: You are taking one heck of a risk and the consequences for failure could not be greater.

I agree Vienna--the above insults should not be posted! There are many former JWs in the process of healing from the abuse of the Watchtower Society on this forum. Why should they be subjected to the above abuse? Like most victims coming out of abusive relationships, victims of spiritual abuse are apt to strike out at abusers. When that happens, it's a shame others use religion trying to make the abused feel guilty.

I've seen many Witnesses exiting the Tower treated with kindness and love on this forum. However, when someone starts off a thread like the quote above, don't expect ex-Witnesses to take crap, and be nice. They did that for years as JWs, and don't need to continue acting dysfunctional anymore. Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome to post honest questions, and they'll be treated with kindness. But when a person acts like a jerk, they should be treated like a jerk; otherwise how do they learn acceptable behavior--how do they grow by getting away with treating others disrespectfully?

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Latte
    Latte

Enlightened UK,

Do you have an e-mail account?

Latte

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well, it's a good job that i am convinced there is no biblical god then!!

Yours dig

Think not about trying to add days to your life, but instead think about adding life to your days.

• Simon
    Simon

Ah...the old

The problem you apostates face either way is this: You are taking one heck of a risk and the consequences for failure could not be greater.

...argument eh?

Trouble is, everyone can and does claim this so what do you do ? If I claim to be the messiah and you will only get to heaven if you give me all your money dare you take the risk of me not being so ?

Ultimately, you look at the person or group, what they do and how they behave and then decide whether God could have chosen better people to represent him.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

You said,"Even if many of you are right in saying that the JWs are wrong on many and important issues, that does not make you right"

Dammit! Even when I'm right I'm wrong with you people! Aren't you ever satisfied?

Fuming,
    MD
    who wonders WHY dubs insist we offer them an alternative salvation package before they'll admit theirs is poison...

• LDH
    LDH

Mishnah/Vienna:

The fact that you stop believing in a man-created organization does not mean you stop believing in God or that those on this board have stopped looking for him.

Your comments are insensitive. Perhaps you will be welcome over at Witnessesonline, where the comments are pure pablum designed to make you think you're in a spiritual paradise right now, while you wait for your salvation and the murder of those who don't believe in your God!

Like most Jdubs, you have confused the two.

WBTS does not equal Jehovah/Buddha/Allah etc.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((MaterDarkus))))))))))

WHy they want an alternative Salvation package?
    IMHO 2 reasons,
    1. Intellectual laziness-might take some effort and time to explore,or real thinking skills to find their own paths......
    2. Steeped in their superstitious minds is the ultimate rescue fanatsy of the all purpose all powerful Sky Daddy.
    See ,he can lead them(dont have to think too hard or make hard life choices)
    They can abdicate a lot of personal/social/intellectual responsibilties cuz Sky daddy is gonna make it all better for em.
    Sprays Mommie with a fire extinguisher before the flames erupt,lol luv ya, Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit