Issue Facing Apostates

by Mishnah 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Quit being a 'back slapper' and venture an opinion.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>I will say that back when I took the trinitarian point of view instead of the view I carry now, I always spent more time inventing ways that things were done and reconciling the doctrine with scripture that didn't quite fit. I find that the 'Arian' point of view is easier to argue with far more clearly written scripture to back you up instead of writing pages and pages to explain one or two verses which was commonly necessary from a trinitarian point of view.

Oh sheesh! You evidently did not understand (nor do now) if you think the greek-influenced Arian view of the nature of God fits! LOL
    Have you ever heard of the 'overall context'? That is why the explanation developed as it did, to take in ALL PERTINENT SCRIPTURE and not just one line exgesis.
    Heresy is based in ignorance and misunderstanding.
    Rex

• Faraon
    Faraon

Eeyore,

Luke 12:10: And everyone that says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but he that blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven it

Matthew 12:31-32: On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

Mark 3:28-29: Truly I say to YOU that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins and blasphemies they blasphemously commit. 29 However, whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

I assume you quoted this from the NWT because "holy spirit" is not capitalized. Since it is not capitalized, it shows disrespect for the Holy Ghost.
    This is blasphemy.
    Oh my God!
    This means that instead of having five billion corpses lying around in the new system, there will only be five million heathen JWs who disrespected the Holy Spirit. LOL

JRP
    If I wanted your opinion, I would beat it out of you (seen in a bumper sticker)

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Mark 3:28-29: Truly I say to YOU that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins and blasphemies they blasphemously commit. 29 However, whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

This is understood as a heart so hardened that it rejects the calling of God even though knowing that it is truly Him. Salvation, once accepted, is eternal. "I have not lost one that you have given me, Father".
    Rex

• Faraon
    Faraon

God_knows,

Remember that Jehovah, YHWH, JAH, or whatever you choose to call Him is GOD, who is the same, past, present and future.
    You speak of a more up-to-date concept of God....but what would your ideas be? A Father who tolerates sin and blasphemy?

Even EARTHLY dads that are worth their salt have no tolerance for hatred and wickedness in their sons and daughters though they love them very much.

That is true.
    A father should not tolerate sin and blasphemy.
    I have decided to live by Jehovah's rules. A couple of my children started complaining that they wanted to go back to school because they were thirsty and hungry and I had not fed them for three days. Following Jah's example on the dessert, I pulled my .357 Smith and Wesson and killed two of them on the spot. I have heard no more complaints from the others.
    I caught my youngest one in the Kingdoom Hell. Quick as lightning I slew him with my hunting knife (after making sure, of course, that his blood fell to the ground). The nerve of the four eyed punk. He needed glasses and dared to go near God's temple!
    This poses problems in heathen America. I pay my female employees half of what I pay my male employees. They sued me but I won the case based on my religious beliefs supported by the Bible that women are worth only one half as much as man. It is good to have separation of church and state. These ingrate females wanted also wanted to sue me for sexual harassment. I showed the judge that I needed to know when they were menstruating so I would not touch an unclean female. They still refused to tell me when their menstruation days were up.
    People don't realize that Jehovah's laws need no revision. They were made by an omnisapient God who knows what is and was right for all the people.

JRP
    If I wanted your opinion, I would beat it out of you (seen in a bumper sticker)

• ianao
    ianao

Rex:

You need to talk to God_Knows. She knows your doctrine better than you do.

Oh sheesh! You evidently did not understand (nor do now) if you think the greek-influenced Arian view of the nature of God fits!

Oh yes. Here's another sad sapp who has it all right and everyone else is wrong.

Have you ever heard of the 'overall context'? That is why the explanation developed as it did, to take in ALL PERTINENT SCRIPTURE and not just one line exgesis.

Yes I have. And taking in the 'overall context' I would end up writing a 135 page thesis regarding the entire bible instead of a 1,245 page thesis trying to incorporate a pagan trinity.

Oh, but then again...

That's where baptisms originated from, didn't they?

Heresy is based in ignorance and misunderstanding

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.

-ianao
    (ex foot-stomping pew-jumping hand-waving bible-toting believer)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit