All Time FAVORITE Singer Or Band

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

This far into the thread and NO ONE has even mentioned the transcendent Bob Dylan? I'm astounded!

He's been my favorite since the 1960's. I forget how many times I've seen him in concert, but it's over a dozen.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Tommy James and the Shondells were really ahead of their time.

I totally agree. They somehow stood out from all the other bubble gummy bands of the sixties (maybe except the song "Hanky Panky")

I loved them when I was a teenager way back when. I did see them in concert. We sat three rows from the stage. What was cool about them was they dressed all in black at their concert. This was 1975 and dressing in all black just was weird at the time. Even Ozzy had worn purple. My favorite BOC song? OD'd On LIfe.

Okay, I'm Jealous :)

I cannot pick a favorite BOC tune since it all really depends on what mood I'm in. OD'd on Life and Reaper are actually quite far down the list. Give me Deadline, Stone of Love, Seven Screaming Dizbusters, Take Me Away, White Flags, Before The Kiss (A Redcap), Transmaniacon MC..... Okay, I'll stop there :)

• dolphman
    dolphman

THE SMITHS!

C'mon people you remember them don't you?

second runner up: NIN and the cure.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Tommy Castro, cause he's awesome (and personal reasons.)

B.B. King

Sting

Eric Clapton

Pic of Tommy Castro w/ John Lee Hooker:

• shamus
    shamus

Morrisey makes me weepy. I got his album called "kill uncle". It made me want to kill myself. What did he call himself, non-sexual? LIke he never wanted to have sex ever and never did. Mmmm.. ok.

The smiths were okay.

I couldn't name one band or one singer. That would be impossible. I like different music for my different moods.

If you're asking who is the most talented, I would say Tom Waits. He is incredible!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Nos, you're correct. Neil was born here, but spent some time in Winnipeg, but he was definitely from the region.

I think the early/mid 1960s, just before he hooked up with Buffalo Springfield, then CSN&Y in the U.S.

Neil seemed to be all over this country. Doesn't surprise me actually.

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Prince- He's creativity is mindblowing

NoDoubt-Gwen's Hot

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Gosh... too many to name... I can't even narrow down the type of music.

Country (naturally): Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride and my girl REBA MCENTIRE!

Rock: Evanescence, Annie Lennox, Lenny Kravitz, Blondie (not just for JWD anymore!)

Pop/Whatever: Elvis, Sting, Cyndi Lauper

Blues: Keb Mo, Jelly Roll Kings, Etta James

• Simon
    Simon

Ah ... so many ...

but Bob Dylan is the best !

• freelife
    freelife

I have a hard time narrowing it down but my top 5 are

1. METALLICA

2.AC/DC

3.DISTURBED

4.SYSTAM OF A DOWN YA Aztec arn't they some good shite

5.LIMP BIZKIT one of my knicknames at work is CLINT BIZKIT because i look like Fred Durst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit