All Time FAVORITE Singer Or Band

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Meg
    Meg

I am with The Grudge on his picks.

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Fun question! My all-time fav band is Aerosmith. I saw them a whole bunch of times. I also love Thin Lizzy, Rage Against The Machine, AC/DC, Hanoi Rocks, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, Buzzcocks, Motorhead, The Clash, Alice Cooper...I could go on and on! My favorite singer is the late Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) He wrote beautiful lyrics and poetry.

astro_girl

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

THE RAMONES!

• avishai
    avishai

David Bowie, he's one of the few musicians of his generation that are still relevant musically

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Tree of Woe

runnerup: Simon & Garfunkel (wow...guess that dates me!)

• Big Tex
  • Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

lisaBOBeesa (obviously a woman of impeccable taste [:)]) -

Kraftwerk are doing a world tour this year. I'll be seeing them on the UK leg, but I just checked their website (www.kraftwerk.com) for North American dates. There are FOUR (count 'em), as follows:

23 April 04 - TORONTO - RICOH COLISEUM

24 April 04 - MONTREAL - METROPOLIS

26 April 04 - SEATTLE - PARAMOUNT

28 April 04 - SAN FRANCISCO - WARFIELD

I think these dates have been added, as the last time I checked the site the tour finished in Dresden on 08 April. Don't know if any of them'll be particularly handy for you, or even if there'll still be tickets - I know I was lucky to get unreserved balcony seating for myself and a friend at the gig I'll be going to. Ralf and Florian ain't getting any younger (both nearing 60), and given the lack of frequency with which they tour/record these days, it could well be yer last chance...

Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to 'big up' Liz Fraser, ex Cocteau Twins (the greatest female vocalist EVER), Devo (one of America's better exports [:p]), and The Stranglers... I'm in the unfortunate position where most of the bands I'd pay BIG money to see (as Minimus said) are either 'long gone' or limping along without their original lineup - as a friend of mine once put it, 'a tribute band that happens to have some of the original members' [:(]

CF

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Wow, that's a tough one to narrow down!

But I've never heard anything so beautiful as Bob Snyder play Amazing Grace on clarinet only.

Or Malcolm Vaughn singing Special Angel .

Or Gary Wright's Dream Weaver.

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing is hard to beat.

Tommy James and the Shondells were really ahead of their time.

Supertramp and Roger Miller, and Beach Boys are great fun.

Simon and Garfunkel, Righteous Brothers, BEATLES, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, all GREAT.

Can't have a party w/o Elton John.

I know you said ALL TIME but I couldn't do it.

• heathen
    heathen

Favorite vocalist --- Rober Plant -- I even like his solo stuff , Favorite band -- led Zeppelin . I just love the way they played various blues and rock stuff , I don't think there has been any better . Runner up --- Paul Mcarthy or Elvis for vocalist .

• The Grudge
    The Grudge
    Coldplay The Grudge

My fiance and I think this is one of the best new bands. And welcome to the forum!

We also like The White Stripes and Chuck Prophet.

Heather

Thanks for the welcoming Heather..Yeah,Coldplay is great.Been really into them since Parachutes,saw them twice in concert, and they've yet to dissapoint me. The White Stripes are good too.I wasn't really big on them when I first heard them,but they grow on you.I expect them to be around a while.They take kind of a simple approach to making music, but it works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit