All Time FAVORITE Singer Or Band

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Who or what is your all time favorite singer or band? Even if you never saw them, if you could---you'd spend big bucks to see them. I LOVE Anita Baker. I've seen her everytime she used to perform.....and who's your favorite???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mini,

It would be very, very hard to pick just one of each. British band: The Beatles. American: Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

American singer: Neil Young and we saw him in September. For a 57 year old he put on one hell of a show. English? It would have to be Cat Stevens or maybe Steve Winwood, especially during his Traffic days.

Heather

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What do I get for being first to comment on your thread?

Anita Baker has an awesome voice by the way.

Heather

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, where is everybody? A music thread should be to the 3rd page by now.

Heather

Edited to say: okay, I'm not waiting for anyone else to find your thread, Mini. It's 0 degrees outside. I have the day off. I'm going back to bed where it's snuggly warm. Good day, my fine little red friend.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

That's easy FRANK SINATRA

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

How about Toronto's own: Neil Young

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

No question... Dusseldorf's finest, the mighty KRAFTWERK - one of THE most influential groups in 20th/21st century popular music. Proud to be a fan for over 20 years

Looking forward to seeing them in concert in March - it's been 13 years since the last time, but it'll be well worth the wait, I'm sure...

"#Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand....#"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Rayzorblade, I'm pretty sure Neil Young came from Winnipeg. Apparently he used to cart all his gear around in a hearse.

As for my favorite band of all time:

Blue Oyster Cult!!!

And yes, I would pay good money to go see them. I'm actually thinking about making a trip down to the states just to see them play.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Speaking of Neils..................I would have to say Neil Diamond. He puts on an amazing show and has a great band too. We've gone to see him almost everytime he has come to Seattle. His shows go on and on and on...........the last one was 4 hours. I love seeing the diversity of ages at his concerts, from Great grandparents to teeny boppers.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Pink Floyd -- Dark Side of the Moon was seminal - (The Beatles for their influence though) Led Zep for Rock and Roll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit