Pop/rock....Steve Perry

Country.....Mavericks lead singer "Raul Malo"

Oldies....Roy Orbison

These are the best of the best for voices IMO

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Transmaniacon MC_ Nos

This is my fiance's favorite BOC song. He told me to tell you that he has seen them twice in concert. I like OD'd On Life because of the memories. Don't Fear The Reaper came when they went down that pop road so many talented musicians do. I jokingly call it their Rod Stewert Disco phase. Once Rod hit his disco phase no one knows he was actually a profound singer songwriter at one time.

Tommy James and The Shondells I was a child when they were popular. We loved them. I can still recall being in the car with my friends and my mother on the way to the bowling alley when Crimson And Clover came on the radio. It was the first time we heard it.We knew it was magic right away. It is one of those songs I have heard hundreds of times but I NEVER never tire of it. The flip side of the 45? Sweet Cherry Wine. Everyone owned it because you didn't want a day or night to go by without listening to it.

Rayzor,

I know how you feel about people calling Canadians Americans from your thread. Neil is Canadian. He still has his citizenship there. He mentioned it at his concert here in Grand Rapids last Sept. He does live here though. I guess I really consider him North American because he lives in the US and is Canadian. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young: it's an American band but you have Neil who is Canadian and Graham Nash who is British. So technically they are Northern Hemispherian?

Andy, my fiance, says Bob Dylan is his favorite American singer. CCR is his fave American band. The Beatles and Cream are his favorite British groups. He likes Elvis Costello for his favorite British solo artist.

Heather

• copsec
    copsec

AEROSMITH!!!!!!!!! Steven Tyler is awesome! I go see them every year . This year I am hoping to do the Velveet Rope Experience where you get to go backstage and meet them and get front row tickets

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

The Beatles are my favorite band

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    28 April 04 - SAN FRANCISCO - WARFIELD

OMG! LOL! I am so going to try to see kraftwerk! This is going to be fun. I am going all 80's that night!

LisaBObeesa

ps: dolphman, I love that "Hatful of Hallow" album. I still have it even tho I don't have the record player anymore....ah the 80's!

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

minimus, I dont hold a grudge against you and I am not shunning you on this board

regards,

fnt

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Rock: The Eagles, Journey - (I've seen them twice. The new singer sounds as good, if not better than Steve Perry), Styx, Foreigner, The Cars, Bob Seger, Pat Benetar, Loverboy, Bad Company

Country: Shania Twain, The Dixie Chicks, Sh'Daisy, Lonestar, Brooks and Dunn

Misc: Frank Sinatra, Kenny G, Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, Patsy Cline

growedup

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

As usual the best bands are never mentioned. Surely that band of all bands The Diversions, who sang 'Fattie Bum Bum' deserve a mention. The song was not exactly politically correct, but it was very easy to nod your head to ( very hard to do when you are drinking beer - try it ). It had a sort of hypnotic charm that reminded you of a Cobra on Ecstasy.

Of course that kaleidoscope of rainbows The Mungo Jerry Band should be mentioned also if we are talking serious music. Their hit 'In the Summertime' made you pray for long and bitterly cold Winter's.

HS

• Islandboy99
    Islandboy99

Female would have to be Tori Amos. Male is a toss up between Bono of U2 and Sting.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Billy Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit