All Time FAVORITE Singer Or Band

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Wow, what a tough choice, especially since my favorites have varied throughout my life. I've liked

QUARTERFLASH for many years, and am probably the only person I know who likes them.

PAT BENETAR has also been on my playlist for years, and just released a new CD titled "GO", highly recommended.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC always makes me laugh, his music is a hysterical satire of American culture. Most people don't know that roughly half of every album he releases is original material, NOT a parody of someone elses work.

BLUE MAN GROUP is better to watch than to listen to, but their show is astonishing.

I could go on, but probably shouldn't....

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

Wow, lots of good picks here... BOC, Evanessence, Led Zeppelin, The Smiths

My favorite though is RUSH.

In classical genre, I like Rachmoninov, Wolfie, Handel, Vivaldi, Chopin

• minimus
    minimus

For the classics, you can't beat Farkle......I mean Farkel.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I play a lot of Gary Taylor, Jaheim or Chris Walker but it would be hard to pinpoint my all time fav. Prolly James (D-Train) williams or the groups "Change" or the SOS band/BBQ band from the 80s.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Band: Smashing Pumpkins

Singer: Liz Phair

• minimus
    minimus

Who's Gary Taylor and Chris Walker, Brummie???......I LOVED Change, especially when Luther sang.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Minimus go and download Gary Taylor "Eye to Eye" or "Dont be so distant", then download Chris walkers "Love Tonight" then you'll see how darn cool they are. Yep Change with Luther was the best, "Heaven of my life" is good and "Miracle" you got these?

Try downloading Dennis Taylors "Enough is enough" too and Jaheims "anything" or "Waitin on you"

If you like this stuff then I'll tell you loads more

Oh and "Change "the very best in you" is prolly my all time fav song

Brummie

• pc
    pc

Did anybody say Stevie Wonder,Earth Wind and Fire, Marvin Gaye,Stanley Turnentine, Dave Brubeck, Kenny Rankin, pc

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Brum......I regularly listen to Marvin Gaye, esp. an album with a theme song of "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Start Loving You?......imo----that's his best critical album.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I dont have much Marvin Gaye stuff, I liked sexual healing and the stuff he did with Tammy Tyrelle plus Abraham Martin & John, but he was more popular just before I began listening to music so I never really got into his early stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit