How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

by hooberus 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hooberus
    hooberus

Where is it said that I am required to provide a specific answer to all of your Noah's Ark/ Genesis questions? I have however refered you to sources to give answers to your questions.

• seven006
    seven006

Hoob,

You started the thread, what did you expect, mass conversion?

There is a BIG difference between an answer and an accurate and provable answer.

If you want an answer to both of my questions I'll give it to you. Christians cannot answer my questions because it's all a myth. I can prove it with the words of the well known and often quoted Greek God Zeus. 'I'm a myth dude, go eat a pizza".

Now, what kind of pizza toping do you like?

Take care,

Dave

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Woodmorappe does present some interesting ideas. However, his presentation has lots of holes around which he attempts to side step. I purchased his book so that I could check out some of his ideas. I haven't read the entire thing, but browsing through it indicated that it, in reality, is a work of fiction rather than a "feasibility study."

For instance, he speaks about "deeply bedding" the stalls wherein the animals were kept, and then he mentions that they would, therefore, not need to be stripped daily, but just have the manure cleaned out on a daily basis.

Have you ever mucked out a stall? I have and even if you work very fast, you need to devote at least 10 minutes to each stall to pick out the manure and remove the wet straw. If you do not do this on a daily basis, you are going to have some very sick animals.

As Dave has pointed out, just feeding the 16,000 animals would take most of the day for Noah and his family. Add to that the necessity of cleaning stalls and exercising the animals, and you simply run out of time.

Additionally, the logistics of procuring food for all of the animals presents a major problem. While creationists will state that Noah had over 100 years to put food away for the animals, this argument does not hold up when considered factually. Hay does not retain its nutritional value indefinitely. Any fresh hay that was loaded just prior to the flood's onset would be close to a year old by the end of the voyage, and already losing much of its nutritional value. Hay that was loaded onto the Ark years before the voyage would be utterly useless as feed, and animals eating it would receive no nutrition whatsoever and would, therefore, die before they ever got off the ark.

Considering that the loss of ANY animal would mean the loss of an entire "kind" (equine, canine, feline,) Noah couldn't afford to have any animals die. Remember, Woodmorappe did not state that species or types of animals went on board, but only two representatives of an entire kind. Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket!

Then, too, we need to consider the "water canopy" covering the earth which presumably produced most of the rain. A canopy containing sufficient water vapor to produce enough rain to cover the earth to a uniform depth of over 15,000 feet (15 cubits above the highest mountain) would be miles thick, and the earth would receive absolutely no light at all. No light means no life....of any kind...animal, human, or plant....so the "flood" issue would really be moot, since the earth would have been a dead planet.

Even if the depth of the canopy was considerably reduced, it would still need to be extremely thick and the pressure on the earth's surface would be greater than that found on the floor of the ocean. Additionally, the trapped heat from the sun would cause surface temperatures in excess of 800 degrees. No need for a flood, since all life would have been parboiled long before.

• seven006
    seven006

Boy, smart chicks are sexy.

G, quit playing with your hosies all the time and play here a little more. I like it when you back up a few things I say, it makes me look smart.

Big hug woman, it's good to see you. If you slip onto Tishie/Randy's mod board, tell everyone I said hi.

Dave

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

JosephM...That means that only a very small percentage of people on he earth then were viewed as 'corrupted' and therefore deserving of drowning. 4000 years ago there were people all over this globe with very different cultures and religions. Does that make God an antiSemite?

PeacefulPete,

How do you know? Were you there? It is just as easy to say that a very small percentage of people lived outside the target area of the flood if any. And the population of earth in Abraham?s day can be used as a reference for such thinking. All we know for sure is that it was the people or world around Noah and his family that were of concern to God at that time. And it was only the animals within Noah?s grasp in the area in which he lived that were brought into the ark. It is simply a matter of context and how words such as world are used in scripture. Our use of words today with a much greater knowledge of the planet does not mean that they were understood the same way then.

Joseph

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Valis,

IF one assummed the story is true (which I do not...at least not as a global flood) all the fresh water would have come from the rain...which isn't salt water....IF there is any historical truth to the myth...it's probably related to the Med flooding the Black Sea, which was the Black Lake up until that time.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    As Dave has pointed out, just feeding the 16,000 animals would take most of the day for Noah and his family. Add to that the necessity of cleaning stalls and exercising the animals, and you simply run out of time.

Who says that each animal must be fed daily? Many animals do fine with feedeing every few days or given larger portions for them to eat in later days. Also hybernating animals do not need much care.

Additionally, the logistics of procuring food for all of the animals presents a major problem. While creationists will state that Noah had over 100 years to put food away for the animals, this argument does not hold up when considered factually. Hay does not retain its nutritional value indefinitely. Any fresh hay that was loaded just prior to the flood's onset would be close to a year old by the end of the voyage, and already losing much of its nutritional value. Hay that was loaded onto the Ark years before the voyage would be utterly useless as feed, and animals eating it would receive no nutrition whatsoever and would, therefore, die before they ever got off the ark.

I think that most creationists would proposed that the food was aquired and loaded within a reasonably short time before the flood. Though hay may loose nutritional value over time, it should still possess sufficient nutitional value even after a year, grains can be held for many years.

Considering that the loss of ANY animal would mean the loss of an entire "kind" (equine, canine, feline,) Noah couldn't afford to have any animals die. Remember, Woodmorappe did not state that species or types of animals went on board, but only two representatives of an entire kind. Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket!

According to genesis God brought the animals to Noah, thus they would have been healthy. Also God remembered Noah and those with him. One would expect that the animals health was sustained by God in line with this purpose.

Then, too, we need to consider the "water canopy" covering the earth which presumably produced most of the rain. A canopy containing sufficient water vapor to produce enough rain to cover the earth to a uniform depth of over 15,000 feet (15 cubits above the highest mountain) would be miles thick, and the earth would receive absolutely no light at all. No light means no life....of any kind...animal, human, or plant....so the "flood" issue would really be moot, since the earth would have been a dead planet.
    Even if the depth of the canopy was considerably reduced, it would still need to be extremely thick and the pressure on the earth's surface would be greater than that found on the floor of the ocean. Additionally, the trapped heat from the sun would cause surface temperatures in excess of 800 degrees. No need for a flood, since all life would have been parboiled long before.

Most of the water probably came from the fountains being broken up not a vapor canopy . The water was probably around 9,000 feet deep. the following discusses the sources of the water as well as water canopys.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/AnswersBook/flood12.asp

• seven006
    seven006

Hoob,

Do you think the dove "probably" had the olive leaf hidden under it's little wing for a year and "probably" gave it to Noah because he "probably" got pissed off from being thrown out of the ark twice in eight days?

You still haven't given an answer to this one. It's a big part of the myth. A logical answer will stop me from asking.

Dave

PS: I don't see where your link addresses this little detail. Can you show me exactly were it is?

• hooberus
    hooberus

What do I get in return if I take the time to give you one?

• seven006
    seven006

What do you want?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit