How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

by hooberus 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faraon
    Faraon

Hooberus,

Besides the Jewish site previously mentioned to you, notice these three versions. Mostly modern:

Genesis 6:16-21 :: Amplified Bible (AMP)

16You shall make a roof or [1] window [a place for light] for the ark and finish it to a cubit [at least 18 inches] above--and the [2] door of the ark you shall put in the side of it; and you shall make it with lower, second, and third stories.

17For behold, I, even I, will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy and make putrid all flesh under the heavens in which are the breath and spirit of life; everything that is on the land shall die.

18But I will establish My covenant (promise, pledge) with you, and you shall come into the ark--you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you.

19And of every living thing of all flesh [found on land], you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.

20Of fowls and birds according to their kinds, of beasts according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind--two of every sort shall come in with you, that they may be kept alive.

21Also take with you every sort of food that is eaten, and you shall collect and store it up, and it shall serve as food for you and for them.

[Note: First Noah is to bring them into the ark. After that, two of the animals would come in with them.]

Genesis 6:16-21 :: New Life Version (NLV)

16Make a window for the boat, that goes down an arm's length from the roof. Put a door in the side of the boat. And make it with first, second, and third floors. 17See, I will bring a flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh under heaven that has the breath of life. Everything on earth will be destroyed. 18But I will make My agreement with you. You will go into the large boat, you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you. 19You are to bring into the large boat two of every kind of living thing of all flesh, to keep them alive with you. They will be male and female. 20Two of all the kinds of birds, and animals, and every thing that moves on the ground are to be with you to keep them alive. 21And take with you every kind of ood that is eaten, and store it. It will be food for you and for them.'

Genesis 6:16-21 :: Contemporary English Version (CEV)

16Build a roof [1] on the boat and leave a space of about eighteen inches between the roof and the sides. [2] Make the boat three stories high and put a door on one side. 17I'm going to send a flood that will destroy everything that breathes! Nothing will be left alive. 18But I solemnly promise that you, your wife, your sons, and your daughters-in-law will be kept safe in the boat. [3] 19-20Bring into the boat with you a male and a female of every kind of animal and bird, as well as a male and a female of every reptile. I don't want them to be destroyed. 21Store up enough food both for yourself and for them.

Notice that invariably, even in the sources that you sent me, it reads in verse 19 that Noah is supposed to bring the animals first into the boats. Then, after he brings them, it reads in verse 20 that they will go with him. Never does it say that Jehovah was going to bring them to Noah first.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/versions/1073794056-5743.html#19

Available Translations and Versions for Gen 6:19

NLT

Bring a pair of every kind of animal--a male and a female--into the boat with you to keep them alive during the flood. NLT Copyright 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

NKJV

And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. NKJV Copyright 1982 Thomas Nelson

NASB

"And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every {kind} into the ark, to keep {them} alive with you; they shall be male and female. NASB copyright 1995 Lockman Foundation

RSV

And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. RSV copyright info

Webster?s

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee: they shall be male and female.

Young?s

and of all that liveth, of all flesh, two of every [sort] thou dost bring in unto the ark, to keep alive with thee; male and female are they.

Darby?s

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee: they shall be male and female.

ASV

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

HNV

Of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the teivah, to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female.

Vulgate

et ex cunctis animantibus universae carnis bina induces in arcam ut vivant tecum masculini sexus et feminini

http://bible.ort.org/books/pentd2.asp?action=displayanchor&pentid=P157

Notice that this is a Jewish site.

• Faraon
    Faraon

I wanted to show the site's Chapter 6 in a Jewish translation in full regalia: http://bible.ort.org/books/pentd2.asp?action=displayanchor&pentid=P157 on a window but it does not work even by clicking on the link. If anyone is interested, it works, but you have to copy the link and paste it to the address bar.

Faraon

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Come on, that U2K poster has got to be a ruse. Someone's funning us.

• Faraon
    Faraon

u2k,

Evolution is not only a enemy of GOD, but Jesus Christ and the angels, and all of GOD's creation. And 2 of the things that i plan to shut down and correct when im in the process fo changing the world is: The form of science and the theorys of the wickedness of evolution, im sick of hearing about it. And if i cant shut it down, armageddon will. Yes behold good times is coming!

Are you trying to imply that you are a JW and all of them spell and write as good as they do?

Evolution is not only a enemy of GOD, but Jesus Christ and the angels, and all of GOD's creation

Do you mean: Evolution is not only a an enemy of GOD, but [also of] Jesus Christ, and the angels, and all of GOD's creation?

It seems that you are implying that Jesus Christ, the angels, and all of god's creation are enemies of god. Is another creation besides god's?

And 2 of the things that i plan to shut down and correct when im in the process fo changing the world is

And 2 of the things that i I plan to shut down and correct when im I'm in the process fo of changing the world is are:

Are you god? Did god already give you this mission? What about if you are in charge of cleaning sewere in paradise? Someone has to do this job, you know.

The form of science and the theorys of the wickedness of evolution, im sick of hearing about it.

The form of science and the theorys theories of the wickedness of evolution,. im I'm sick of hearing about it them.

Which form of science? Have the theories of the wickednes of evolution ever been proved? I never knew there were theories about the wickedness of evolution. I'd be interested in finding out about them. Was it wrong for the Old Testament to have evolved into the New Testament?

And if i cant shut it down, armageddon will. Yes behold good times is coming!

And if i I cant can't shut it them down, armageddon Armageddon will. Yes, behold, good times is are coming!

I suppose you are still talking about the two things you are planning to shut down. Do you think that there will be no more science after Armageddon? Will things stay at a stand still instead of evolving?

Since there will be no more science, will the earth become flat, with foundations, and square?

I am sure that being a person with a vast knoledge of science and the bible will ace the next test:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0101/sciencequiz.html

Faraon

• Faraon
    Faraon

U2K,

There is another test for you. Have fun:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0402/biblefactquiz.html

• micheal
    micheal

U2K, you're [edited]. Go back to the couch and play with yourself.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Micheal, it's 'you're a moron', not 'your', and, even if I agree with you, that is a very intolerant attitude. Perhaps our young friend is just in some need of guidance. Perhaps?

~Aztec

• Aztec
    Aztec

Bahahahaha! Nice job Micheal! You're so cute!

~Aztec

• micheal
    micheal

Thanx for the grammar lesson Az - You're right, probably a little harsh of me. Sorry u2k.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Awwwww! I'd never be very harsh on a cute little candy cane such as yourself Micheal.

~Aztec

PS I stole my avatar that you like so much from a football team. The Aztecs. Cool eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit