How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

by hooberus 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seven006
    seven006

Hoob,

Still working on that one? OK, I'm not going anywhere,

Here's another one. According to your link there were 16,000 animals on the ark. There were 8 people to feed them everyday for a year. Given only one minute to feed each animal, that is 21.2 hours per person. That doesn't even take any account for the time it took to climb up and down to all the "probable" stacked cages or go back and forth to the food storage area.

When did Noah and his family find time to sleep? Did the monkeys help feed the alligators?

Dave

• hooberus
    hooberus

seven006 said:

Here's another one. According to your link there were 16,000 animals on the ark. There were 8 people to feed them everyday for a year. Given only one minute to feed each animal, that is 21.2 hours per person. That doesn't even take any account for the time it took to climb up and down to all the "probable" stacked cages or go back and forth to the food storage area.

When did Noah and his family find time to sleep? Did the monkeys help feed the alligators?

For this as well as other animal care questions you should consult the book "Noah's Ark: A Feasibility study"

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/Magazines/docs/cen_v19n2_animals_ark.asp

Many skeptics assert that the Bible must be wrong, because they claim that the Ark could not possibly have carried all the different types of animals. This has persuaded some Christians to deny the Genesis Flood, or believe that it was only a local flood involving comparatively few local animals. But they usually have not actually performed the calculations. On the other hand, the classic creationist book The Genesis Flood contained a detailed analysis as far back as 1961. 1 A more detailed and updated technical study of this and many other questions is John Woodmorappe?s book Noah?s Ark: a Feasibility Study. This article is based on material in these books plus some independent calculations. There are two questions to ask:

http://shop2.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/AIGUS.storefront/en/product/10-3-078 An in-depth study that provides detailed answers to the major criticisms of Noah?s Ark. How could Noah and his family have cared for 16,000 animals? How did they all survive for a year on the Ark? What did the carnivorous animals eat during and after the Flood? This book provides answers! My intention with this thread is to provide an answer to the basic question of the issue of the size of the ark being large enough. More speciffic questions such as the above animal care ones have been answered in a more technical matter in the above referenced book.

• seven006
    seven006

Hoob,

Ya skipped right over my first question. If the bible account is true, there should be a "logical" answer. Now go back and see what you can do with it before you copy links to a lessor question. No skipsies here.

Answer the olive leaf question.

Dave

• Valis
    Valis

Also, if that much water was evaporated from the earth wouldn't if be terribly hard to get trees big enough to create such a vessel? The time it would take to suck up enough fresh water to wash out the oceans and cover the remaining land is seemingly mind boggling, unless of course I am a stupid head like seven006.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

The best source for Noah's Ark can be found here, the idea of two by two is unique and I personally believe in this version.

All aboard the Skylark

• rem
    rem

Hooberus,

I find it hard to believe that you actually believe this drivel. What next? A thread about how Santa delivers all of the presents on Christmas? Seriously, this is a kids story. Are you trolling? I'm really curious here.

rem

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

what about all the grasshoppers aunts bees wasps hornets skitos ladybugs worms flies nats rats leaches termites fleas ticks chiggerbugs ........

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I still never have had the question answered about where the olive leaf came from that the dove supposedly bring back to the Ark to show the earth was dry?

ok I'll answer it.

The dove brought back a olive leaf because they were finally close enough to land. The earth was never completely flodded, its a story that was exagerated.

• yxl1
    yxl1
    Fossil ‘graveyards’ around the world, where the bones of many animals were washed together, buried, and fossilized, are evidence for a watery cataclysm like Noah's flood.

This kind of reasoning is straight out of the "Watchtower school of adapting facts to fit our reasoning" Shamless, stupid and often very funny

• greven
    greven

I find it extremely entertaining to see funnymentalists deny evolution, especially 'macro evolution' as they term it but use it when it suits their fancy. Suddenly 'kinds' are genera that quickly evolved (on a scale that even the most die hard evolutionist wouldn't dare suggest) into all the species we have now (a reasonable estimate is 11.6 Million species)! This truely boggles my mind.

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit