How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

by hooberus 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freeman
    freeman

Just last week I heard something funny come out of the mouth of my sons die-hard JW friend. The boys were apparently discussing the flood and my son?s friend said, ?I don?t believe in dinosaurs?. Apparently this boy felt that either the age of dinosaur fossils or the shear massive size of these animals threatened the validity of the great flood / Noah story; which in fact it does.

To my son?s credit he replied: ?but dude what about all the giant bones they found??

Unfortunately I wasn?t able to clearly here the response to that, but from what little I did hear it was along the lines of the bones and other artifacts are being made up by evolutionists. And to that my son said something along the lines of yeah whatever you say Mark.

It?s nice to know that my son in spite of the fact of being raised in a cult knows how to think for himself and critically examine information. It?s a pity our friend hooberus is unable to do the same. I hope for his sake he learns to do so one day.

Freeman

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    This discussion has left out the problems for all vegetation. Very few species of land plants plant can withstand a year of immersion in salt water. (But i forgot that the seas were not salt until volcanos spewed salt into them after the flood. lol)

Ah, but that was next on the agenda. On another board, I challenged a Flood supporter to take a plant and stick it in a bucket of water with the water deep enough to cover the entire plant (didn't have to be salt water...fresh would do) and stick it in the cellar for just a month....then let us know the results. For some strange reason, she declined to do so.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Likely it is one more "figurative" story in the Bible used to convey a concept, not meant to be believed literaly. With all the resources, experts and modern technology any biologist can assure you it can not be done as described.

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

Question: How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

Answer: hmmmmmmmmmmm let's see, oh GOD is perfect and he does not make any mistakes.

Next........

• seven006
    seven006

U2K,

Have you ever been an athlete in Special Olympics? I'm not trying to make fun of you, this is a serious question. It would explain a lot about your posts on this board.

Dave

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Question: How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark? Answer: hmmmmmmmmmmm let's see, oh GOD is perfect and he does not make any mistakes. Next........

Judging from this response God must be very embarrassed by many of his defenders. If he is not, he should be.

HS

• hooberus
    hooberus

Fararon said:

Hooberus,

Has the author of this site even studied what Genesis says about these things? God brought the animals to Noah. (Noah did not have to travel all over the world collecting animals.)
    Genesis 6: 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you.
    Genesis 7: 1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven [1] of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate,

Where does it say god brought them to him?

Genesis Chapter 6

18: But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
    19: And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
    20: Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
    21: And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
    22: Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

• micheal
    micheal

Question: How did God fit a brain into your head?

Answer: hmmmmmmmm, let's see, oh God didn't create you with a brain

Next................

• hooberus
    hooberus

Redhorse woman said:

Are you serious? Exactly which animals are in the class of "many animals" that don't need daily feeding?

snakes, lions, tigers, etc.

Which animals are you aware of that would not trample their food and make it inedible if a large amount was thrown in their enclosures.

Partially trampled food is not inedible. Feeders also work.

Hibernating animals also need specific conditions in which to hibernate, and barring the provision of those conditions (which is highly unlikely) the animals would NOT be in total hibernation and would still need to be fed.

I never said that they would never need to be fed.

Hibernating animals also lose condition during their period of hibernation. Exactly how do you suppose that these half-starved animals would be able to survive after getting off the Ark if they had spent over a year without food or water.....well, actually that point is moot, since NO animal could survive in hibernation for over a year without food or water.

I never said that that they would have to go "for over a year" without food or water. I may do some of the rest later.

• undercover
    undercover

I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if someone has already said this, but I had a thought;

If God, by means of the flood, was going to kill all the animals except for two of each kind, but God has the power to resurrect why bother saving any? Kill em all, resurrect however many ya want after the flood. Why have Noah go through all this trouble to save the animals? Just make some new ones. If I was all powerful, that's what I'd do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit