How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

by hooberus 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hooberus
    hooberus

seven006,

If you would like a chronology for the olive leaf you may wish to consult the book. The Genesis Flood by Henry M. Morris. If you like I will mail you a copy of the pages dealing with the chronology and the olive leaf. Since this is a thread dealing with the size of the ark, for any additional questions I have been providing the location of recources that deal with these specific issues.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Henry M Morris was the main source for the info in a public talk I used to give on the Flood in the Kingdum halls. Since opening my eyes I've checked such notable experts as him and found he is the past president of the Creationists Research Institute who's sole purpose is proving creation.( WT didn't mention that in his list of credentials)

Almost all of his thoughts have been debunked by his own people within the last 10 yrs as being impossible and not standing upto scientific evaluations.

He also wrote Dragons in Paradise because he believes the flood killed the dinosaurs about 8000bc.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    greven said: I find it extremely entertaining to see funnymentalists deny evolution, especially 'macro evolution' as they term it but use it when it suits their fancy. Suddenly 'kinds' are genera that quickly evolved (on a scale that even the most die hard evolutionist wouldn't dare suggest) into all the species we have now (a reasonable estimate is 11.6 Million species)! This truely boggles my mind.

The type of change that creationists propose for rapid post-flood sepeciation is that of sorting of pre-existing genetic information into species lines. This can happen quite rapidy and is the opposite of the supposed macro-evolutionary mechanism of genetic information being added slowly over vast amonuts of time by mutations and natural selection.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Stacking.....lots of stacking

• hooberus
    hooberus
    shotgun said: Henry M Morris was the main source for the info in a public talk I used to give on the Flood in the Kingdum halls. Since opening my eyes I've checked such notable experts as him and found he is the past president of the Creationists Research Institute who's sole purpose is proving creation.( WT didn't mention that in his list of credentials)

What about evolutionary apologists whos sole purpose is proving evolution? Does this disqualify them also?

Almost all of his thoughts have been debunked by his own people within the last 10 yrs as being impossible and not standing upto scientific evaluations.

This is incorrect.

He also wrote Dragons in Paradise because he believes the flood killed the dinosaurs about 8000bc.

Where did you get the info for this statement?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

If you totally belive in the Bible, you believe that all this stuff happened, and that all of the details and intracacies would have been taken care of by Jehovah. This is just an example of faith, and would surely not be able to be proved by anyone, since Jehovah seems not to want to prove any of this by archaeology, geology, physics, or anything. You cannot prove it DID exist, nor can you prove it DIDNT. If you believe that Jehovah made it so, you have a blind faith that PROVES it did exist because you believe it to be so. That's your right, but it does NOT make it so, nor does the opposite make it so. No one knows. How can you argue with logic like *that*?

CG

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Hoob

Creation Science - Henry M. Morris

From the early 1960s through the 1990s the most influential voice in creationist circles was that of Henry M. Morris (b. 1918), a Baptist civil engineer from Texas. As a religiously indifferent youth Morris accepted theistic evolution, but shortly after graduating from the Rice Institute in Houston, he came to accept the Bible as God’s infallible word, from Genesis through Revelation. At first, he remained undecided about whether to attribute the fossil record to pre-Edenic activities or, following Price, to Noah’s flood. Eventually he settled on the latter—and devoted the rest of his life to promoting flood geology, which about 1970 he renamed creation science.

In 1961, after earning a Ph.D. in hydraulic engineering at the University of Minnesota, he and an Old Testament scholar, John C. Whitcomb, Jr., brought out The Genesis Flood, an enormously influential book that did more than anything else to popularize Price’s model of earth history among evangelical Christians. In contrast to Price, who at times allowed for the presence of a lifeless earth before Eden, Morris believed that the entire universe was no older than 10,000 years and that some physical laws, such as the second law of thermodynamics, did not exist until Adam and Eve sinned.

Two years after the appearance of The Genesis Flood Morris joined nine other like-minded scientists in forming the Creation Research Society, dedicated to the propagation of young-earth creationism and the elimination of the day-age and gap interpretations of Genesis 1. In 1970 Morris gave up a professorship in civil engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and moved to San Diego to help establish a creationist center, which in 1972 became the Institute for Creation Research (ICR). During the last quarter of the twentieth century the Morris-led ICR served as the epicenter of creation science.

• shotgun
  • shotgun
    shotgun

Here is the link for Dragons in Paradise

http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-241.htm

• seven006
    seven006

Hoob,

I know the answer, I just wanted to see how you were going to side step it. I get the same side stepping response from Christians when I ask the question about hermaphrodites and whether they are considered to be indulging in the gay sex sin. The word hermaphrodites is not in the bible so you can't look it up and it blows the hell out of the "god created man and woman only" theory.

Just as I have never gotten an answer from a Christian on the hermaphrodite question, I have never gotten one on the olive leaf issue either. Your response keeps my Christian response failure rate for this and other questions at 100%.

Thanks for the dance.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit