So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    I take it then that it is because "women" (one group) are protesting like "idiots" you think this video about negative stereotypes about "women" (one group) is funny?

Yes, that is what makes it funny. Humor often relies on highlighting contradictions or conflicting positions.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@bohm: after further consideration, I believe I spoke too quickly - a video based on negative stereotypes of men may actually be funny regardless.

MMM

• just fine
    just fine

I would poke fun at men marching in penis costumes too :-)

• Simon
    Simon
    I would poke fun at men marching in penis costumes too

"Penis" and "poke" in the same sentence ... "titter, titter ye-not".

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

lol @ MMM.

to the but-hurt liberals, u don't get it. 90% of all standup is about stereotypes in one form or the other, but since u liberals want to outlaw all stereotypes except the white-man bashing, that means u want to outlaw humor and turn it into political self-flagellation.

If I have to sit through one more self-flaggelating "I am a lame white man" jokes from one of u smug liberals I swear I am gonna flip and punch someone... it is ruining nearly every good TV show these days I just can't f###ing stand it and has to turn the show off whenever it happens. Any of you seen the show "Blackish"? It is black=good, white=Hitler. I swear to God it is that bad. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

The video is funny because it has truth to it, deal with it. That's how humor works lol. Also it is funny because brainless liberals flip out and have a spassfit... it is only a video u morons deal with it lol.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

How many women tell man jokes? - indeed, and I think men should be poked fun at.

And how many women bitch about other women?

I don't bother making sexist comments towards women - women themselves are much better at that than me.

• Simon
    Simon

Holy cow, they did another one?!?!

Was it pink pussy hats again or did they really decide that a women's march that used a symbol of femaleness was prejudice against people who only imaged they were women or who had vajayjays of a different color?

Have they decided what it's actually about yet or is it still a mis-mash of "anti" anything todo with Trump?

• Outahere
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Good Lord. I just watched a video on it. One year anniversary. It appears the slogan was “Time’s Up”. But I am not sure what time is up? Why can’t these people actually figure out what they are upset about?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Simon:

Have they decided what it's actually about yet or is it still a mis-mash of "anti" anything todo with Trump?

As far as I can tell, it’s basically the same thing as last year. Stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit