The Latest Thing Waking People Up...

by pale.emperor 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, that's the trouble when you train the critical thinking and initiative out of people eventually they become useless to you.

In the past scare tactics worked but I don't think the FOG is as effective anymore, for fear obligation guilt to work the person needs to be even a little conscientious.

The only other option after scare tactics and rhetoric would be to lower the bar.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

TOMO=> He mentioned within a talk a while back that he "can't wait to destroy/annihilate the wicked and anyone else who is not worshiping Jehovah". (He actually meant worshiping HIM!) Also, he was proudly giving an illustration re: the bodies destroyed at the Big A "will smell like very burnt hot dogs". Yes, he really is a very arrogant and hateful man--who only wants our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

• jp1692
    jp1692

It’s a con game: the religion gets its members to do things NOW and give up things NOW in exchange for a FUTURE reward over which they have no control or power and which isn’t even real.

This is one reason that so many of us who woke up go through a period of feeling foolish for being conned. Once we get over that we realize we are justifiably angry at being lied to and betrayed by the religion and its leaders.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• steve2
    steve2

Apathy steals far, far more away from the grip of JW organization than apostasy ever does.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The fact of the matter is is that most JW is no longer really believe that “the end is near”. They have all heard that for decades. Many have heard that for all of their life. The end is near. The end is very near. The end is very, very near.

How many times can you “Cry Wolf“ before everyone loses their faith in your warning?

Every JW that I know is busy building or improving their house, building their retirement package, taking cruises or vacations, and enjoying life before they die.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The fact of the matter is is that most JW is no longer really believe that “the end is near”

True. Exactly. All you have to do is look at their 'actions' and how they live. Buying 2000 sq ft homes. Renovating it then selling homes. RV's and trailers almost as big as some small houses. Spending $hit loads of money on German/foreign cars. Expensive vacations, expensive hobbies etc.... and the list goes on.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

All of this is true from what I see as well. I'm particularly thinking about the ministry. There is absolutely NO urgency any more. I remember back in the 80's when I got baptized there was actually pep-in-the-step of people.

Now, it's LONG breaks and socializing at a local McDonalds or what have you.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

"It was due to the fact that a JW must work, work, work to be even in the congregation - let alone in good standing. Constantly scrutinizing oneself (and others), having no day free to just relax and being told that if you're relaxing you're not giving your all."

this was part of the reason we stopped going-
    I also agree with the cry wolf problem and also notice a lot of Jws living their lives now

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with you Pale....the WTBTS prepares you for a future that doesn't exist...If you wannabe a prince in a world that can not exist have at it. Of course nothing is gonna be free in this new world........ there is a fee in this new world........obedience.

Mumble Jumble and Junk-ism works if you can digest it........ then your probably in the right religion. Small brains......small ideas.

As Eric Hoffer said in the true believer:

"All active mass movements strive, therefore, to interpose a fact-proof screen between the faithful and the realities of the world. ...by claiming that the ultimate and absolute truth is already embodied in their doctrine and that there is no truth nor certitude outside it. ...To rely on the evidence of senses and of reason is heresy and treason. It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible. What we know as blind faith is sustained by innumerable unbelief's.
  • SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I am not sure how the average witness can keep up the pace of relentless mundane activities. I never knew so many people waste their vacation to attend convention! That alone would make me want to leave sooner than I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit