The Latest Thing Waking People Up...

by pale.emperor 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

One of the very first signs of doubt was from a convention signed that referenced the 1975 prediction. They cited a 1968 watchtower article. The generation change was earth shattering to me. It seemed like no one else was bothered by this major doctrinal shift.

Recently, through YouTube testimonies, I have noticed, that many were affected by this change.

Whatever is causing people to leave the organization TODAY, may not be realized for decades.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

“Sometimes folks talk about this relative and that relative, and you know they’re baptized but they’re going through a hard time, and they’re not preaching…and you know they talk about Jehovah like he’s gonna understand and all that, and I’m like ‘what Jehovah are they talkin’ about?’ – I don’t know him. He’s not in here. That’s YOUR idea. It’s serious business. It’s life and death whether we share in the warning work.”

This statement made by Anthony Morris shook a family member to their core. He was experiencing many health problems, family problems and financial problems. The above statement really had an affect on him. The cold and callous "Brother" Morris is one sick man. His statements and complete lack of love will continue to wake up many JW's. As well as his un Christlike attitude. Keep up the good work GB, you're digging your very own grave!!! Maybe one day Anthony will have to answer to his "Big Brother."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

“Sometimes folks talk about this relative and that relative, and you know they’re baptized but they’re going through a hard time, and they’re not preaching…and you know they talk about Jehovah like he’s gonna understand and all that, and I’m like ‘what Jehovah are they talkin’ about?’ – I don’t know him. He’s not in here. That’s YOUR idea. It’s serious business. It’s life and death whether we share in the warning work.” ~ Anthony Morris

Jehovah's Witnesses shoot their wounded!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Unfortunately, fear lasts longer than love.

That's one thing that cults thrive on.

Keeping the members in sheer fear to keep them loyal.

It's never about love. It's never about grace.

Which is why when someone decides to walk away they feel this HUGE weight lifted off their shoulders.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think this is why the org has shifted from "we're the happiest people on earth" to just feeding them paranoia about armageddon being "imminent" (wasn't it always?). Because they're not happy. And it's hard to pretend that you are happy nowadays in the org. Depression is now "to be expected" in "this system".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Pale E, and depression is a dangerous condition to have, I should know. Escape from the miserable JW Cult was the thing that saved me, and the help of a sensitive and skilled Therapist.

If people are happily waking up, they need, for their own good health and happiness, to get clear of the Cult mentally as well as physically.

• Ding
    Ding

This thread reminds me of a brother who went out in service with a Circuit Overseer.

The CO casually said to him, "Even if this wasn't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

The brother thought, "Uh...yeah. I can think of a lot of them..."

He picked one of them and left the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit