The Latest Thing Waking People Up...

by pale.emperor 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''apathy has always affected them, its like a cancer clearly visible by their hopeless recruitment stats globally, I've never met a bunch of more downtrodden demotivated physically and mentally worn out people in my life, the cracks cant be covered over.''

AMEN to that!!

The 'game' has gone on far too long!!

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Not being allowed beards and being forced to sign the GDPR form (or faced being tarnished as having a bad attitude) have been two things waking JWs up where I live.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

OHH!!!?? This whole GDPR thing is creating quite a stir. Implementing this GDPR thing is sure 'ruffling' feathers.

Many knew it would, and, it is!!!!

The JW Organization is it's own worst enemy. Continually shooting itself in the foot.

It's a matter of time before they do/say something rash. Something like 'obey instructions whether the seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''

The Borg is it's own worst enemy, LOL

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PALE EMPEROR:

It’s apathy and depression that are getting to people in the religion.

I was in a store recently where a sister I knew many years ago works. She was crying the blues not just about the store but all the ‘friends’ who cannot take life in the world anymore and they are wishing ‘something’ would happen soon. She also was talking about hating getting older with aches, pains and sickness. Naturally, nobody likes what happens in old age. She didn’t mention the changes in the religion but I wonder if this is a factor.

But, these Witnesses never expected to get old in ‘this system’ and it’s getting to them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - "...The Org is its own worst enemy..."

Agreed.

Most authoritarian regimes are.

Re. apathy...

...I read somewhere that historically, apocalyptic groups actually need to (occasionally) set an actual date for The End to maintain internal enthusiasm amongst the membership.

Problem for the WTS is, they've done it so often over the past century that the tactic is - for all intents and purposes - past its shelf life.

They can't do it and maintain credibility.

Once of the reasons for all the other stuff they've been trying lately, I suspect.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

All this ramped-up 'siege' propaganda could be doing more harm than good. How manipulative and yet totally exhausting resulting in mental-nervous breakdowns and anxiety. Lately the only assembly/convention, the best one was the one I didn't go to. Cant' handle much more of that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, I don't think the WT leadship actually feels the mental and emotional stress they trigger in the rank-and-file.

I don't think they even can feel it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Honestly, I don't think the WT leadship actually feels the mental and emotional stress they trigger in the rank-and-file.

I don't think they even can feel it.''

This is evident when the GB and others higher up on the totem pole will 'throw you under the bus'.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only problem with JW's feeling Apathy and or Depression is that even if such feelings get them to fade away, they do not wake up !

That is why the Org makes an effort with such people, to "re-activate" them, because you can do that with someone who has simply stopped going.

You cannot "re-activate" a person of integrity and honesty, who has actually woken up to the fact that the J.W "religion" is a load of steaming poo.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''You cannot "re-activate" a person of integrity and honesty, who has actually woken up to the fact that the J.W "religion" is a load ''

It's like once you see ''behind the curtain'', you cannot unsee what you have seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit