Do You Think Disfellowshipping Is The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Rattigan350, the shunning does not stop after someone is reinstated. When I was still an active JW I several JWs who did what they needed to do to get reinstated, and most were still shunned. Yes, the brothers and sisters would speak to them at the kingdom hall, but they were still looked upon as someone you should be leary of. Whenever there were congregation gatherings outside of the meetings or field service, those individuals were not given an invite. Shunning has no place in the bible, and it is the worst thing people do to each other. To me, it is the same a murder. Those who do the shunning view those who they shun as dead, so in their hearts they have murdered the person.

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

I was dfd at 18 and i had a 6 year old brother at the time i couldn't see so i was reinstated at 20. that ruined him. he was so hurt he lost his sister and vise versa. well im 30 now and just got dfd in february and my brother is now 16, not baptized but still not allowed to associate with me. its fucked up, hes my family!!! my parents, my friends all gone, when i needed them the most. i was borderline suicidal. im better now but this is sooo hateful

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

It’s hard to say. In some instances, disfellowshipping somebody especially at an early age might be a blessing in disguise if they move on and never go back.

There are so many things wrong with the JW religion that are tragic:..death because of the blood issue; child abuse issues, etc.

I feel the religion is a cluster f#ck of problems. The one rearing its head recently is the considerable amount of JWs reaching retirement age who have not prepared..Too many needy people in halls looking for handouts!.. In my opinion, all these people might feel abandoned if kingdom halls keep being sold in one place after another and people have to travel even further. What happens if they are so far it is insane to even travel to them?

I wonder if brothers will be forced to make cold calls in their neighborhoods at homes of faded and other JWs asking for money for these frantic needy people in the congregation?.. They might even knock on MY door!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

When I was young we were told families could associate but not to have spiritual association....which is weird since DF family were always dragged to the hall if they came to visit.

• minimus
    minimus

I do think the whole process is horrible! How the meeting is initiated. How the elders view the person and how they make the person on the hot seat just about eat shit so they are not shunned. Very very unchristian!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

For me, the worst thing about JWdom is the blood.

Forgiveness and the ability to right a wrong is always possible whilst there is life....there is hope.

When someone dies, that’s it. They can never make up for that wrong.

However shunning itself can lead to death via the blood issue since people are pressured through fear of shunning to refuse blood. So I understand when people say shunning is the root of all Watchtower evil. No shunning can equal freedom of conscience, to some extent.

• minimus
    minimus

Shunning can liberate you too. Some would never leave the cult unless they were disfellowshipped.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Disfellowshiping is bad for its caused some suicides and divorces, but realistically the no blood transfusion ban has resulted in thousands to die, this has to be the worst doctrine established in the JWS religion.

• Chook
    Chook

The mental conditioning has to be the worst ,ALL other problems reflect this. Disfellowshiping has been a blessing for some , it gave them a chance to deprograme and explore the history of the cult then logically come to the conclusion that no big guy in the sky is using these fruitlooops from Pennsylvania.

• benny
    benny

One of the worst if not the worst.

Covered up child abuse would be high on the agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit