Do You Think Disfellowshipping Is The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I cannot imagine ever "disowning" my children. For WTS or for anyone!

Some governments are seeing this is harmful to their society or culture and stepping in to discourage such policy. Let's hope they are successful.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I posted something like this before. My opinion is, it's The continual destruction of critical thinking, all while claiming what the WTBTS encourages is critical thinking ( except for anything in contrast with the WTBTS teachings of course.)

The cognitive dissonance that this creates, and compartmentalization of reality it necessitates to continue this way of thinking, it destroys people and people's relationships.

It is the result of the conflicting thoughts or beliefs that ultimately will destroy a persons thinking ability, and also ability to relate.

This is the mental vehicle through which all the other bad things happen with the practicing JW's. The shunning, the failure to report pedophilia, the deaths from the blood rule, etc., etc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The longer I’m out the more I feel that disfellowshipping is cruel.

In spite of the fact that DFing by the JWS has caused millions of families to break up and has caused some suicides, what really is there to be remorseful about. ?

• newsheep
    newsheep

2 John 9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Again the joho's get it wrong. Anyone denying the Christ were not to be associated with. Even Christ associated with the men of the nations:

Matthew 9:10-17 New International Version (NIV)

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

When many leave the cult it's not because they have denied Christ's teachings but they deny the cult's false teachings. Even Jesus ate with sinners of all sorts.

• minimus
    minimus

But the apostle Paul’s writing supersede the son of God.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.......you mean the writings of the WTS supersede the son of God ?

Because in actually that's what has happened but most JWS dont realize that because they have been blinded by the mental indoctrination of the WTS.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

With so many evil policies and practices to chose from, I have narrowed down the most evil [in my mind].

It's their lying. Every other evil from the WTS comes from their continuing policy of lying. The sooner you realize that the Governing Body lies and lies and lies some more, the better. Then you can pull yourself away from their particular brand of evil... imho

TTWSYF

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    for me the many thousands that have lost their lives due to their insane interpretation of the blood transfusion doctrine ranks at the top for me but the stupidity of the DF rule and the shunning that comes with it is very close. TTWSYF, cant disagree with any of that, their whole stack of cards is built on lies and deception and yet more lies, like a cheap ,seedy second hand car salesman, or an equally seedy politician, how do you know when they are lying? their lips move.
  • minimus
    minimus

They justify lying and tell you it’s not really a lie if you speak untruth to someone not entitled to know.

• blondie
    blondie

That's right, min, and they decide who is entitled to know, not Jesus or god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit