Do You Think Disfellowshipping Is The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The people who shunned me in my earlier years are pretty much all dead now. However, back then, I sometimes was on the end of an approach from a JW so that he could explain to me why he wasn't going to speak to me anymore!

The conversation would go something like this:

He: Sorry but I can't talk to you anymore.

Me: Why's that?

He: Because you're disfellowshipped.

Me: Why's that? What did I do that was so terrible that you have to pretend that I don't exist?

He: Er..I don't know the details..the um..committee have um.. made that decision..

Me: So you don't even know why you have to pretend that I don't exist. You're acting on the instructions of others. Are you really content with that? Really?

Exit one confused dubbie.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

nice one Snuggs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

SHUNNING: Yeah.........cause that's totally how Jesus acted while on earth, right?

F*ck the WatchTower cult!!!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

No, it is not bad at all. Because you can choose to remedy that. It is up to you to get reinstated and the shunning will stop.

• minimus
    minimus

Rattigan, are you supportive of the Watchtower??

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    No, it is not bad at all. Because you can choose to remedy that. It is up to you to get reinstated and the shunning will stop.

Sorry pal, but JW-type shunning has no basis in Scripture.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Rattigan350an hour ago

How does one remedy the org's habit of lying about everything?

• tiki
    tiki

The mental and emotional abusive nature of the religion is the worst imho. The shunning is a big part of that...but the repetitive indoctrination that keeps fear and anxiety high is just so awful...and ruining children's lives....and the unnecessary deaths due to the blood stance are unforgivable. It is a dangerous destructive vortex. Blessed are those who crawl out alive and able to heal.

• minimus
    minimus

UMmm his name is Rattigan.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Disfellowshipping and shunning are very bad but I don't think they're the worst of JWdom.

For me, it has to be the two-witness rule applied to child sex abuse.

The blood doctrine is also very dangerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit