Do You Think Disfellowshipping Is The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

To add insult to injury if you decided to take a blood fraction before it was allowed you would’ve been disfellowshipped.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

The worst things are the shunning ones family, the not to educate and prepare to grow old in life, and the no blood policy. All those things religion should get it's nose out of, those are individual choices.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The worst thing about the JWs religion is that it is a cultivated fraud perpetrated by disingenuous men who exploited people's ignorance of what the bible really says and basic secular knowledge as well.

Within this personal endeavor of self empowerment there have been dire consequences toward those who joined the organization, such as deaths, family break ups and suicides.

It is therefore appropriate to identify the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation as commercialized false Prophets, ones that Jesus himself instructed his true followers to not listen to.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I have personally experienced the Agony of JW shunning from both sides: the shunner and the one shunned.

The worst situation I had as a true believer was when my cousin (who was closer than a brother) was DFed on a flimsy charge by a committee who was taking the hate they had for his ass#ole father out on him. He immediately sought reinstatement and attended the meetings. It was a horrible "test" on both of us to stop all communication especially since we both were going through bitter divorces at the time.

We would break the rules by an occasional phone call or letter all the while feeling guilty as sin. He was in anguish as he was a "People Person" and our entire family including his children completely cut him off.

He wrote letters for over a year seeking RI but the answer was always NO. At this point, he sort of gave up on life. He came down with what he thought was the flu but didn't go away. It turned out to be stage 4 Pancreatic cancer. Suddenly, he was dying. His grown children refused to speak to him much less help with his care. To their credit, his sister and BIL who was a MS took him in their home and told the bros if they didn't like it to remove him. They DID!!!

Now, as soon as I knew he was terminal thankfully, I too threw the shunning out the window and traveled to see and care for him. At this point, I didn't care what the consequences would be for me.

Meanwhile, this visibly dying young man once again asked to be reinstated. This time after years of begging the verbal answer was YES!!! He called me to let me know that it would be announced at the KH next Thurs. I was overjoyed for him yet he was still hopelessly ill.

A couple of days later he calls me in tears saying that his reinstatement had been RECINDED!? I had never heard of such a thing. What happened??? It seems the Ex-wife made a call to the committee stating he had not come clean with some detail of his wrongdoing and they took her word for it.

At this, he lost all will to keep living and died 5 days later still shunned by is children and the Dubs. No KH memorial.

Twenty-one years have passed and I still grieve.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

The worst think about Jehovah's Witnesses is convincing people they and every aspect of their lives are absolutely subject to the whims of a bunch of arrogant, insular, frightened, mean spirited and not very bright old men.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

insular, frightened, mean spirited and not very bright old men.

Good point

Maybe its because they know the doctrines that created the organization ie 1914 and the organization's version of the Gospel of Jesus is fraudulent and not supported by the Bible.

Its becomes a delicate game of power and money for these men and the realization where that power and money is coming from. (WTS) and to what certain people are facilitating it ( Brothers and Sisters)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes!

That is not dead which can forever lie

and in strange eons even death may die.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Imagine believing ones eternal destiny is dependent upon the decision of a judicial committee. I suppose that is the consequence of putting ultimate faith in fallen men and their word rather than God and His word.

• Listener
    Listener

Just like you can sell your soul to Satan, the Organisation requires that you sell your soul to them and that is the worst thing about it.

It is the result of this that we see individuals willing to shun their own sons and daughters, die because of refusing blood and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit