Thoughts on annual meeting “new light”

by FFGhost 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

Yes it’s inevitable they have to admit 1914 is all wrong. But it’s often been said everything hinges on all the 1914 doctrines, yes it does and I say again it’s inevitable they will have to admit they are wrong about all the 1914 doctrine

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems that in any question now about future events, the answer is “ we cannot be sure so we are not dogmatic “

Mind you , it seems that survival, according to them, still requires us to go knocking on the Kingdom Hall and say ‘we are sorry, please let us in’...

Did G Jackson mention the mental cases, the babies beyond reach ? I suppose that is all left to Jehovah who will do the right thing.

On the one hand I applaud this new found honesty in admitting that they don’t have the answers but on the other hand I can’t help feeling that we used to follow because we thought they DID know... That they had special insight and the Spirit revealed it.

Is it reassuring to ask your leader and he says (shrug) “I Dunno”

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Is the archangel Michael actually Jesus, and did he battle with Satan and the demons in 1914? Did Jehovah appoint Micheal as king in 1914? All because of the 77week prophecy which you can twist and turn and somehow use 607bce, then from 1914 add 3.5 years which is 1917/18 but let’s round it up and call it 1919 and say Jesus chose a small group in USA to be the once true religion?

• ElderBerry
  • ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Does God exist, or is the Bible written by men, Seeking to control people?

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

We just don’t know. and never did.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

XBEHERE That totally explains the beard thing. Not counting time is pretty big but I agree, it's a red herring.

There's no way they haven't been reading apostate sites! I think even the GB are so unable to think for themselves - think critically - they get much of their new light from 'helpers' who've been listening to us. Listening to our reasoning over why they loose adherents and cannot make new ones.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They never knew and still don't. The only part right is letting God run the show (if they will let him)

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes they keep close on apostate stuff, it’s the way they can tell if when they make mistakes. They could never know that from other PIMIs in Bethel.

This is why AGM 2023 they had to say we make mistakes but r not sorry

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think this may all be a build up to them shuttling 1914. We knew they'd have to at some point, but when they do they immediately loose their authority. They'll definitely come up with something else that does before they do, though, and whatever that thing is it may be the reason Ant Mo left the GB. He wouldn't agree to these changes (or ones to come) and left of his own volition, which explains the house and stipend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit