Thoughts on annual meeting “new light”

by FFGhost 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    New light: The GB were too stupid to have everything fully revealed to them.

Now, THAT is believable and likely will never be subject to change.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes that argument about Abraham being too stupid to not enough new light would apply to the GB both last and present.

So about 150years of Governing body being too stupid to have this new light. This is what they are actually saying at the 2023 AGM.

Its not only insulting to Abraham but it’s very insulting to the old GB members who have died in recent decades.

Their explanation why so much old light was wrong was because Jehovah thought the brother were too stupid to have the correct light first time?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The entire JW doctrinal apparatus is so far out of line with scripture that it bears zero resemblence to biblical Christianity.

1. The bible says repeatedly that the heart is wicked and not to trust it. Think about it, who wouldn't estimate their heart to be good? WT Salvation by posessing a good heart hasn't changed, only the time of the inspection has changed. Previously, it was determined when literature was offered. If you accpted it - you had a good heart. If you rejected the literature - you had a bad heart. Now you get to wait until the GT to find out if you have a good heart. JW's are still taught to be fools by looking to their heart for their salvation.

Proverbs 28: 26 - "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool"

2. They still teach that people who die who are not JW's (the unrighteous) will be given a second chance in the "resurrection of the unrighteous" where they will gradually be saved by studying WT literature in the millennial reign. There is no ressurrection of damnation in WT theology:

John 5: 29 - "And hath given him authority to execute judgment....for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice... and shall come forth...they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation".

The only reason I can see why they made this change is so that the number of suicides might be reduced. Bad publicity. Over the years, I have seen several df'd posters commit suicide because they couldn't take life without family anymore. Perhaps they saw that as a way of ensuring the WT version of the "resurrection of the unrighteous". If they waited to die until the GT broke out, they would lose their chance to see loved ones again.

Now, they don't have to snuff themselves. They only need to have a "good heart" during the GT.

Fortunately, biblical salvation is much simplier and more guaranteed than that:

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Romans 10:9

"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

As long as a person doesn't try to add their own works or their church affiliation to the lordship of Jesus, (which nullifies Jesus lordship), they will be saved.

The purpose of the WT is to get people to put their trust in their heart, good works, the organization..... anything but Jesus alone. Biblically, everything has been bought, paid for and prearranged. All a person has to do is receive it.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

When it first got leaked there was a lot of speculation about rank and file being shocked.

Now it’s out there for all to see what is the reaction to them saying they may be wrong about things but will not apologise?

what is the reaction to the last minute door of opportunity even after the great tribulation?

• longgone
    longgone

I was one of the many who spent much of my life preaching. I actually thought I was helping people to have a better life now by ‘applying Bible principles.’

I thought the’ warning work’ was a hurtful way to convince us little publishers that driving around around all day knocking on doors that were “not at homes” a zillion times was important.

I was trying to do what I thought was a good thing for people yet the guilt of I whenI wasn’t out there every minute possible was too much to take.

I won’t go into details on that, but like others it’s just tragic that I followed the rules of the GB for the entire 57 years of my life. I left after learning about their abuse cover ups, among the many other things that cults do.

I'm 65 now and I’m happy much of the time, but definitely not always. It’s a struggle for me to adjust to life outside a cult at this stage in life.

I almost think the governing body now wants the members to stop the ministry to avoid drawing any further attention to the organization and its lawsuits. They’re up to something with all this “new light.” Time will tell. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    longgone9 days ago
    I was one of the many who spent much of my life preaching. I actually thought I was helping people to have a better life now by ‘applying Bible principles.’

There is a real problem with ones who have pioneered for years thinking the congregation owes them something.

any tradesmen or tradeswomen or any goods or services should be cheaper for pioneers for some reason.

the Saying is they have pioneered for years so can you do them a favour or even give them for free.

the problem is the person losing money has also pioneered for years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit