Thoughts on annual meeting “new light”

by FFGhost 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

Gorb you are right. Soon it will be that we always said some non JWs will make it, even though this is not the truth. WTowers have said for decades that only baptised will make it, but all the dead will be resurrected unless they were really bad. This is why Br Jackson said “we know you were hoping your loved ones would die before Armageddon”

the old light made no sense. But this new light changes everything. What is the point of the ministry now? What is the point of getting baptised?

Maybe it is a PR professional team coming up with this new light to slow the bleeding.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Jackson said “we know you were hoping your loved ones would die before Armageddon”

This.

Also, how many times have you heard JWs rejoicing over the death of one of their favorite actors, singers, etc. “How wonderful, now he/she will be resurrected and can perform in paradise!”

So we’ve “progressed” from “our ministry is ineffective so I hope people die” to “the ministry is pointless so no need to wish for anyone’s untimely death.” I guess that’s progress, sort of.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It's not old light, new light.

Back then that is what they wanted people to believe to motivate them to preach and go to meetings and stay loyal.

That didn't mean that is how it would end up.

What they teach now at the AGM is the way it has always been. That is how Jehovah had it.

The problem is that people are concerned with living through the end.

I think that I'm going to be telling people that I don't care if I make it through armageddon and I don't want to live in the kingdom.

• Elena
    Elena

It definitely is new light. Thinking about the flood account Jesus said they took no note and the flood swept them all away.

well this new light they could wait until they were sure the flood was going to happen then get in the ark?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They’re tearing it down brick by brick.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

dropoffyourkeylee..."tearing it down brick by brick" I have had the thought that is the intention, but to do it in such a way so as to keep people sending in the funds until the last, so they can build more on other's time to have to sell off when they get it dismantled to the point they want it. ( other than the movie studios which they will use to spread new world propaganda.)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The November AGM in summation

and to tell the truth, we never did.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FF GHOST:

Yes, how many countless Witnesses made life-altering decisions based on teachings that have now been thrown out the window!
    The beliefs about who is saved and when are always subject to change anyway and I never paid much mind. But, the big one about the service hour reporting being done away with is major.

I was judged on this years ago!! I am forever grateful I never listened to anybody there and kept my job until I Retired. Maybe I can credit my so-called worldly upbringing!

So what if the JWs hated me? I wouldn’t want to be around any of these people now. They must be in panic/desperation mode.👎

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Rattigan350 - “…What they teach now at the AGM is the way it has always been…”

No, it’s not.

Rattigan350 - “think that I'm going to be telling people that I don't care if I make it through armageddon and I don't want to live in the kingdom.”

Not a WT-run kingdom, anyway.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    How long before they drop the 1914 generation teaching- or change it again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit