Thoughts on annual meeting “new light”

by FFGhost 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

A few years back I had an interest in unreadable psyphers and communications, from the likes of number stations. And while no one other than the recipients can decode these messages, an important thing that can be not hidden is the frequency messages are sent. When messages are sent regularly, most intelligence services are not that interested, however if the tempo increases, then they become concerned.

You could apply this thinking to what is happening now, regarding our 'new light'.

Typically, a doctrine or view changes every now and then, and we get informed through a letter, a District convention talk or at a AGM. However the last 18 months has seen a level of change not seen since the 1980s and to me, this is the clearest indicator of a turmoil existing within the Governing Body.

Now, while we may not not know the real reason why the Governing Body has really flooded us with this quite radical 'new light' (at the moment), the volume of it, for me is more telling than the actual messages themselves..

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's all about property and investment. The religion part of it is a setup.

Russell initiated the WTS and the United States Investment Corporation in the same year.

G.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

No zombie this is such an important point you are making. The tempo has changed, the turmoil going on for the GB flooding us with this quite radical 'new light' (at the moment), the volume of it, for me is more telling than the actual messages themselves..

• blondie
    blondie

FF "Old light: Even though not every individual will receive a personal witness, those who are not active baptized JWs will be eternally killed at Armageddon anyway, “Something something community responsibility”." I have posted about this many times on JWN after careful research of WT publications. I even asked a long-time jw elder and CO, would everyone on earth get a personal witness. They were not sure until I showed them quotes over the years by the WTS. It was news to them. I realized that I wasn't the only one who did not glean that from the publications and had not even thought of that. Many jws thought and probably still do think that somehow the WTS will be able to reach every person, not mathematically possible though with some reasoning.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I always said they we like a brainwashing machine, repeat, repeat, repeat until its fact. They are great in psych training, almost like an intelligence bureau, they know all the switches to put into play, obeying the biggest one.

Blondie- I always thought the same as you, no way that all in the world would have a witness 2/3 of the population are not christian, as such. The only way would be for a personal intervention by Jehovah himself. The real reason behind that propaganda was to get the pubs out in the field, a scare tactic that kept them in line thinking they had to do it. Now its - ho hum, Jehovah will take care of it.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

The new light is not interesting. You could point out the man that died with Jesus recieving last minute repentance. Times when Jerusalem was surrounded, but God allowed does that wanted too abandon city and be saved. That's last minute repentance also. The question is why they focus on this at annual meeting? Watchtower likes too drain out the follower's. Keep them occupied 24/7. Why would they change to a new no requirements last minute repentance message.

• blondie
    blondie

truthlover, yes, their god does the judging ultimately, not any jw, even the elders despite the bs the WTS uses to usurp their god's role in the lives or others. Jws just love to "judge."

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Gorb- I think the same way. It's a business that's behind a religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Something just occurred to me..,

…the GB actually initiated JWLite in a somewhat strategic manner.

Think about it.

They could have simply stated that non-JWs (whatever their status) could theoretically believe/repent and get saved after seeing proof that the WTS had been right all along (which even has legitimate Biblical precedents, I might add; frankly, I was a little surprised they didn’t use ‘em)…

…but dropping the bomb like that would probably have angered and alienated way more loyalists who’d busted their humps their whole lives (and a handful, in fact, are pissed off, if the stories on Reddit are legit).

Instead, they peppered it through with plenty of we-just-don’t-knows, disparaged the idea of hoping non-JW relatives died before the GT started, and capped it off with a very specific warning to not resent those last-minute savees (“regardless of who or what they are” was implied)

which may have been deliberately (i.e. strategically) done that way as just a smidge of misdirection, to mitigate the doctrine change’s impact on the aforementioned hump-busting loyalists.

“Softening the blow”, as it were.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Or am I overthinking it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit