Thoughts on annual meeting “new light”

by FFGhost 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

The word Jehovah is not in the Bible, YHWH can be translated many ways, and there is a bit of confusion over El another Hebrew God. But the JW Bible puts in Jehovah in place of Lord in the original text so many times it could have been El the Bible was talking about

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

God may save the ones he knows to be "right-hearted"? Sounds suspiciously like the predestination that Russell rejected at the start of this whole sordid mess. 🤔🧐

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The WTS preaching effort was always useless propaganda peddling anyway. The millions who died between 1920 and 2023 are just about all going to be resurrected and given a chance to merit eternal life because they paid for their sins by their death. So they didn't need to hear any message from JWs at all.

And now those with good hearts who die after the GT starts will also be raised. But those who had a lengthy Bible study with Witnesses and rejected their message will probably be destroyed during the GT or at Armageddon.

So, no matter how you cut it, their message itself saves no one, not even those who receive it , and only serves to condemn those who don't.

No one ever needed to become a JW to make it into the New System.

Stop preaching and save lives JWs.

• Elena
    Elena

No one ever needs to become a JW to make it into the New System. This is basically the new light. They say you were wrong to wish your unbelieving loved ones would die before Armageddon. Now they are saying they will make it as long as they are a good person? Or they don’t really say that but they imply it. What they actually say is we can’t be dogmatic we don’t know

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    But now, for anyone capable of concentrating on a thought for more than 30 seconds at a time (I know, a tall order for most JWs) will come to the conclusion as I just did: The Governing Body just announced to the worldwide brotherhood that any and all efforts at witnessing are pointless and completely unnecessary.

Well said.

• Leathercrop
    Leathercrop

The word Jehovah is not in the Bible, YHWH can be translated many ways

Elena

Any "translation" of YHWH ( ie. Jehovah or Jehova) is still YHWH. Here I am totally ok with the way JWs have interpreted where YHWH goes in the Bible. Context makes it very reasonable to conclude when YHWH is being referred to. Now, what does that name mean to two different people? That's another matter.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Formatting seems to have gone strange on my comment

George

Maybe just try again

The main take away from the AGM Pt 2 is they don't know.

They have never known.

They never will know.

They are just a bunch of clowns trying to guess the un-guessable.

George

• blondie
    blondie

Very good list, FFGhost!

• Gorb
    Gorb

In a few weeks the rank and file will say that nothing changed, that it is what it was en that you were wrong.

The brothers know what is best. Trust the brothers.

And then: "Some" witness thought that only jw's would survive armageddon so this had to be corrected as a lovely provission of Jehovah.

Sect arguments, gone through it since the this generation change in 1995.

G

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I concur. Great minds think alike; I posted a similar thought in another thread before I read your earlier thoughts here, FFGhost. I did not plagiarize you. Yours is the better comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit