Staying in physically for all the benefits

by Indoubtbigtime 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I never ever thought NASA was lying about anything (though on some particulars I thought they might be in error). I don't have cognitive dissonance in regards to NASA.

Are you a denier of some science? You seem to deny a number of matters which are widely held, including being taught in our educational systems (including university courses) as established scientific fact.

I trust science and science books (including the college text books I have) and science educational shows on TV and what scientists say about science. I have no doubt that rovers are on Mars and that the Voyager space probes are now out beyond Pluto.For the most part, the only energy a rocket ship needs to get to Mars (from Earth) is that needed to achieve escape velocity from Earth.

I study books to learn. Since early childhood I have highly valued the knowledge contained in educational books. Should I disbelieve what was taught to me in grade school, high school, and university, and from the self study I did of science (including from college textbooks)? [I graduated from high school (a polytechnic high school) with honors (3.30 GPA on a scale in which 4.0 is the highest GPA possible) and I graduated from university with a solid B average (3.03 GPA).] If so, wouldn't that mean that high school diplomas and university Bachelor of Science degrees are worthless and a waste of time to obtain? Despite having been a believing JW I attended university and obtained a 4-year degree, namely a Bachelor of Science Degree (though in Business Administration). By the way I was appointed a JW ministerial servant while attending university full time.

A number of science books I own, including a college textbook on astronomy say that NASA has landed rovers on Mars and they show photos of one or more rovers on Mars. Do you have a negative view of college education?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

There are two types of science

that which seeks the truth and that which attempts to control the truth

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

How about that science which seeks the truth and also puts to beneficial use the truths learned?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I hate those like Dr Fauchi who say the science is set and if you don’t trust the vaccines the you don’t trust science

this is absurd

science is never set, it has to keep seeking the truth

Disillusioned JW2 minutes ago

How about that science which seeks the truth and also puts to beneficial use the truths learned

now you are talking

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Regarding the Covid-19 mRNA based vaccines, though I have taken multiple shots of them I don't have 100% trust in them, and thus I have decided (at least for now) to avoid getting anymore of those vaccines. I also came to distrust some of the things Dr. Fauchi says about Covid-19 and the Covid-19 vaccines. I thus no longer bother to listen to him, since to me he is no longer very credible in regards to those subjects.

- - - - -

Correction of a prior post: My college astronomy textbook does not have a photo a rover on Mars, but it does have photos taken from a rover and Mars (and the book specifically says the photos are from a rover on Mars). Maybe the pictures I saw of a rover on Mars might not have been from one of my college textbooks, but instead from some other science book I have. I don't remember which specific science book or books in which I saw the picture(s) of a rover(s) on Mars.

- - - - -

I don't plan to post anymore tonight, since it is well past my bedtime and I will be getting up early tomorrow to get ready to go to work. Goodnight.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Goodnight disillusioned

im so pleased you don’t trust the science from Fauchi yes this is not real science

and I’m so pleased you won’t be staying fully vaccinated but you do know that now you won’t be able to go to any JDub theocratic schools unless you stay fully upto date with the science 🤣

• TD
    TD

So I gotta ask...

Is this LRO image (And others like it) faked?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Can I ask where this came from? Please quote reliable sources.

Also, where is the actual evidence (not hearsay or rumours), that these things are required?

I think the picture is an ironic mickey take, not meant to be taken seriously.

You're beginning to look like conspiracy nuts.

• TD
    TD

A full blown, four year degree in Scuba Diving???? (As opposed to a certification)

Neil Armstrong's bachelor's was in Aeronautical Engineering. Buzz Aldrin, (Who actually was a Mason) held a bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and a doctorate in Aeronautics. Michael Collins' bachelor's was in Military Science.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

33rd degree Freemason?

I can't see how rolling one trouser leg up is any use on the moon or a stage set.

I know a bit about being a Mason, btw. I'm not one now because it was not what the flat Earthers and their didlow Chinas like to claim.

Ability to Lie. Well, that's everyone ever.

I'd like to see the sources for the above claims.

Who knows, it might convince me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit