Staying in physically for all the benefits

by Indoubtbigtime 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

why didn’t they take one picture of the earth from the moon? Why is there not one picture of the earth in the background?

you’d think any pictures or films they would take they would have the earth in the background?

but no it’s too difficult to do that in the studio🤣

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    TD20 minutes ago

A full blown, four year degree in Scuba Diving???? (As opposed to a certification)

Neil Armstrong's bachelor's was in Aeronautical Engineering. Buzz Aldrin, (Who actually was a Mason) held a bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and a doctorate in Aeronautics. Michael Collins' bachelor's was in Military Science.”””

-

Not just Buzz they all were high up masons.

Buzz has recently come out and said more than once that they never actually went to the moon. Once on a TV interview he said “you saw animation”

and another time he was talking to a little girl and forgot he was being filmed and she asked him if you went there in 1969 why not go back there? He said because we never really went there..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Indy - I know you assert these things. All I (and maybe TD), want to see is the evidence. The proof of the claims from sources that are credible. Not from some didlow flat Earther who's out of their tiny Chinese blind.

If any of them were Swimming Masons, so what? It's only the JWs and crazy conspiracy nuts that think Masons are evil.

Besides, moon or not, it won't pay my bills or put petrol in my motor. It won't make any of us live longer.

Sources would be appreciated.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    indoubtbigtime: but these most people if they did ever show interest they would soon see it was all lies

I have to disagree. The internet gives us an endless stream of information and discussion on topics like the moon landing, or evolution, or any other subject of controversy or conspiracy-theorizing. Many people seek out this information and can judge whether or not the story or the alternative is more rational or reasonable or believable, etc.

It's been two decades since I read sites about the legitimacy of the moon landings, and I'm sure at least some of those sites are still out there. The information made me think that the landings did happen. Many conspiracy theorists either made false claims or ignored answers to their questions. I find that this is common with conspiracy theorists (I have a couple of friends who are convinced, to varying degrees, of a number of conspiracies).

I've learned not to ask them to look for information, as they usually prefer to "ask questions" but they don't seem terribly interested in having them answered. They steer away from direct interaction with people who know the subject and can expose their ignorance, preferring instead to demand answers from people who simply aren't invested or interested in the topic, because they can point out the apathy as if it is the cause of their skepticism.

I think this is why so many of us express a lack of concern over these issues. It's not that we trust the establishment. It's that we don't trust random strangers with fantastic stories and too little evidence. I don't have to trust one and distrust the other. I can distrust both.

• TD
    TD

So the defense of one conspiracy theory (i.e. That the Apollo lunar landings didn't happen) is to invoke another conspiracy theory? (i.e. That the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is also fake)

I'd point out that the LRO actually has taken earthrise pictures, (using both its cameras) but I'm pretty sure at this point, that the answer would be more conspiracy theory.

Incredulity is not evidence.

• TD
    TD

I have to disagree. The internet gives us an endless stream of information....

I'm puzzled by the comment as well.

The various interviews with Buzz Aldrin can all be tracked down and viewed in their entirety. (i.e. The May 17, 2000 interview with Conan O'Brien; the March 13, 2015 Q&A at the Oxford Union and the September 5, 2015 National Book Fair interview where he spoke with the eight-year-old girl, Zoey.)

It's clear in context, that the Facebook and Instagram claims about these interviews are misleading at best and outright lies at worst.

Who's doing their due diligence here? Who is not verifying their sources first?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Absolutely right Buzz definitely said to that little girl asking why they can’t go back to moon and he said because we never went there

and he said in another interview “you thought you saw on the moon but you saw animation”

• TD
    TD

My advice to you (And I mean this in the kindest possible way) is to get out of the JW's ASAP; find something you're passionate about and go back to school.

I'll post a written transcript of exactly what was said if you want, but you might want to actually check your sources. You might want to listen to the conversations yourself. You might want to take a look at the animations that Aldrin was talking about. They looked like something from Gerry and Slyvia Anderson, to be honest.

It will save you some embarrassment.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The idea that Buzz Aldrin never went into space and never stepped foot onto the moon is utter nonsense. The idea that NASA requires all of its astronauts to be Freemason and to have a four year Bachelor Degree in scuba diving it totally crazy; it is ludicrous.

I own a book authored by Buzz Aldrin called Mission To Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration. It is copyright 2013.

NASA does require astronauts to go underwater while in space suits but that is to train them for for the micro-gravity environment of space, not as a hoax. When we see footage of the astronauts in space (such as working on the space station), we don't see air bubbles disturbing water. Right? But if they were underwater instead then their would be air bubble visibly disturbing the water as a result of exhaling. On page 15 of Aldrin's book with a photo with the caption of "The first astronaut to do so, Buzz trains underwater." That photo shows air bubbles disturbing the water. Page 16 has a photo with the caption of "Buzz Aldrin on Gemeni 12 space walk, November 1966". That photo shows Buzz in space and it does not show air bubbles disturbing water. Buzz really was in space and on the moon. His book has a photo of his footprint (shoe print) on the moon. He says he really was on the moon, instead of saying the moon mission was a hoax.

I plan to post more about later when I have much more free time.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I'll post a written transcript of exactly what was said if you want,

Yes please do

the part where he said to the little girl “because we didn’t go there”

exact words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit