Staying in physically for all the benefits

by Indoubtbigtime 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Indoubtbigtime, the farther an object is away the smaller it looks. Thus though the moon is much smaller than the Sun it looks like it is same size from the Sun in our modern times. But yes I am saying that "it’s a coincidence that this time in history they match up" apparently perfectly. But in the times of the non-avian dinosaurs tens of millions of years ago the moon looked considerably bigger to the animals living then than the moon looks today. Furthermore, yes there will be a time when the moon and Sun won't look like they have the same size, but without the aid of a telescope it will be a long time (probably 100s of thousands of years from now) before anyone could detect an apparent increase in the size from the present size. But even now when people look at a total eclipse of the sun they see a halo behind the moon, thus even now the moon doesn't block out all of the Sun's light.

Decades ago during one of NASA's moon landing NASA astronauts place mirrors on the moon. After that NASA began shining LASER beams from Earth to the moon and they timed hour long it takes for the LASER light to bounce back and reach Earth. As a result they documented that the moon is slowly moving away from the Earth.

You are free to reject what the scientists say, but in this matter I am convinced the scientists are correct. I am also convinced that they are correct in saying we humans have evolved from nonhuman animals, including that some fish from hundreds of millions of years ago are some of our very distant ancestors. But evolution is not entirely due to chance. It is also due to the action of laws of nature and due to what Darwin called natural selection. I don't believe in Intelligent Design creationism (though I can understand why many people do, perhaps in part because I wanted to be an engineer and an inventor, and thus a designer).

Have you read any science books promoting evolution which state the evidence and arguments which the scientists mention in support of evolution? If not, then I encourage you read such. The WT's portrayal of evolution (and what evolutionist scientists say about it) has been very dishonest. A great many of the WT's quotes of the scientists misrepresent the meaning of what the scientists said. I know that because I looked up the sources of numerous quotes by the WT of scientists pertaining to evolution and found such to be the case. I read the context of the quotes in the original source materials (such as books by scientists, science journal articles written by scientists, science popular magazine articles, and news articles which include interview of scientists). I have purchased a number of those publications and made photocopies of multiple pages from others. I have evaluated what they say and as a result I know that evolution is a reality.

There are also books by evolutionist scientists (both biologists and geneticists) which specifically disprove Intelligent Design. I encourage you read at least one of them also.

The WT wants you to avoid reading those science books and science articles which make the case for evolution, and against Intelligent Design (and against other types of creationism). Are you going to do what the WT wants you to do on that matter, or are you going to find and read those scientific sources and see if evolution is true?

You say there is no missing link, but what characteristics do you think a missing link would have? From what I have seen some of the missing links have been found, or a least fossils of some species which were very closely related to some of the missing links. Homo erectus or Homo ergaster (depending on the definition one uses for those species) was an intermediate species (and thus a missing link) between out species (Homo sapiens) and some extinct species of Australopithecus and of some extinct species of nonhuman ape. Both Homo erectus or Homo ergaster were human but they were not of our species of human and they went extinct a long time ago.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lucky me--atheist--all this god guff and creation just makes me laugh.

Why worry how big the moon is ? Its there--i dont give a toss how or why.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction of typo: In my prior post when I wrote "... between out species ..." I meant to say "... between our species ...".

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

DisillusionsJW I don’t believe NASA landed men on the moon in the 1960s they lie about many things.

I also don’t believe the moon and sun are changing distance as the experts say in your post. I believe solar eclipses have always matched up perfectly as they do now and always will.

I also believe NASA lie about Mars and every single picture they say is from the surface is actually from Earth with a red filter. They have not had their Mars rover on there for over a decade never breaking down and the drone taking pictures they are lying.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

stan livedeath9 hours ago

lucky me--atheist--all this god guff and creation just makes me laugh.

Why worry how big the moon is ? Its there--i dont give a toss how or why

-

You are a coincidence theorist that solar eclipses perfect circles match up perfectly? If it was all chance an explosion billions of years ago that is such a coincidence that we live at a time when solar eclipses match up perfectly from our point of view?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

DisillusionedJW “ You say there is no missing link, but what characteristics do you think a missing link would have? From what I have seen some of the missing links have been found, or a least fossils of some species which were very closely related to some of the missing links. Homo erectus or Homo ergaster (depending on the definition one uses for those species) was an intermediate species (and thus a missing link) between out species (Homo sapiens) and some extinct species of Australopithecus and of some extinct species of nonhuman ape. Both Homo erectus or Homo ergaster were human but they were not of our species of human and they went extinct a long time ago.“

-

There have been human skulls found dating upto 6000 odd years old very hard to be accurate, and there have been all kinds of species of ape skulls found maybe a lot older.

But there has never ever been half ape half human skulls found. I know in Lloyd evens recent video he visits the science museum and shows loads of fake skulls half ape half human and he says they have found the real ones but this is a lie. This would be the missing link if the found a bunch of half evolved ape/human skulls

there have been many claims in our lifetimes that finally they have found the missing link but they have been proved false.

the fossil record show prehistoric creatures that are not extinct are exactly the same as today there was no evolution

I know the Governing body is wrong on so many things but so are the so called experts who lie to about so much

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Indoubtbigtime, I am stunned that you have a number of beliefs regarding NASA which you claim to have. Wow.

Regarding NASA's moon landings, they were said to have happened from 1969 into the early 1970s. NASA does not say they all happened in the 1960s. I remember that when I was a very young child I watched one of the moon landings and saw the astronauts step out onto the moon and walk upon it. I saw it in a live television national network news broadcast (and thus from ABC, CBS, or NBC news). [But the news network probably picked up the broadcast from the moon with the aide of NASA relaying a reception of it to the network.] That left a tremendous impression upon me.

Regarding solar eclipses, if by matching up perfectly you mean in regards to alignment, then I agree with you. But I am sure you also know that many solar eclipses are not total eclipses, but instead only partial eclipses and thus the partial eclipses don't line up perfectly. If you mean the moon is just the right size to block out the sun during an eclipse, neither much bigger than needed nor too small, then I disagree that such has always been the case during the entire time the moon has existed.

Regarding the pictures of Mars I am totally shocked that you believe what you do about it. I don't see how anyone could disbelieve that such pictures are true and that NASA lies about Mars, unless they reject so much of modern science and of modern technology. Is it that so many of the pictures of Mars look a lot like that of dry desserts of parts of Earth (but without any plants), other than that the Mars color pictures show the landscape as being red or reddish? Is that why you think the pictures of Mars are really of Earth through a red filter?

Regarding the missing link between ape and men, there were none with features exactly half way between modern day apes and men in every feature of a skull. That is because of number of things. Humans did not evolve from any of the modern day apes, instead humans evolved from a long extinct species of apes. That is what evolutionists say, and Charles Darwin never said humans evolved from a modern species ape. Likewise to my knowledge no scientist of evolution ever said humans evolved form a modern species of ape. For example, to my knowledge they never said we evolved from a common chimpanzee, a bonobo (also called a pygmy chimpanzee), a gorilla, or an orangutan. Instead the evolutionist scientists say (and Charles Darwin said) we share a common ancestor with the modern apes. Furthermore, for at least the past several decades they say that some skull features evolved before other skull features. At a result there was never a skull in which all of it features were exactly half way between an ape (with a modern species or an extinct species) and a modern human skull. Likewise other parts of the skeleton evolved towards human-like features before other parts did.

Regarding other types of animals, it is true that many types alive today look exactly the same as ones which lived long ago (including ones which scientists say lived tens of millions of years ago, and in some cases maybe hundreds of millions ago, as determined by their fossils). Some types of life have not evolved much in the past many millions of years, but others have (or as a result of evolution have distant descendant species which are very different from them).

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

DisillusionedJW I’m absolutely stunned that you still believe the NASA lies that they walked on the moon. I thought it was general knowledge now that they lied.

The new missions to the moon here in the 2020s had to test the effects of humans being so far away from earth because it’s never happened before? This was what a lot of people took to mean NASA admitted they lied.

After all there are still people alive today who claimed to have been to the moon and driven cars on the moon🤣

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

That Mars river has supposedly been on Mars for over a decade running on solar panels. Do you think if it was on earth in the Sahara desert it would not have broken down by now? Just think about it.

NASA lie. They have been caught lying so many times now. One time the place was found that they were taking pictures with the Mars rover and they said oh sorry we mistakenly published pictures from our dummy mission on earth with an identical Mars rover🤣

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I believe in intelligent design, far more intelligent than we could even comprehend

if we were designed to live in earth then this is where we live until our designer lets us leave

i don’t believe all the lies that we can go to Mars or even our own moon

Elon Musk lied about putting a car into space

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit