Staying in physically for all the benefits

by Indoubtbigtime 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Stan - I think there is a lot to prove if one claims the Bible is the word of God. Just because it's the common belief in your area, doesn't make it true.

Like you, I'm a bit too long in the tooth to believe this or that on faith alone. I wasn't there at the start and neither was anyone else I know.

I accept what is around me and what there is evidence for.

Whether, man went to the moon or not, makes no difference to my life.

As Noel Coward wrote, I paraphrase, 'Oh, well. You live and learn. And then in the end, you die and forget it all.'

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Whether, man went to the moon or not, makes no difference to my life.

you could say this about most things the so called experts tell us. And then pick and choose things you are uncomfortable with just say it doesn’t affect me.

Personally I’m the type who wants to get to the bottom of lies

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    indy - you could say this about most things the so called experts tell us.

I do quite a lot.

Personally I’m the type who wants to get to the bottom of lies

What's the point? It makes no difference in our lives.

I go to work. Pay the bills. Provide necessities. For me at least, and it's not everyone....No amount of bothering if man went to the moon or not is in the slightest bit helpful.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

"The new missions to the moon here in the 2020s had to test the effects of humans being so far away from earth because" NASA plans to create a permanent base on the moon and thus have people on the moon for extended periods of time, not just on the moon for a few days or so.

Where do you get the idea that a lot of people think NASA lied. I've only read (and only on blog posts) of a relatively few people thinking that, and to me their ideas about such are extremely nutty. Sometimes when I read people expressing such ideas I think that surely they are joking, instead of believing what they are saying. I also thought It was probably far fewer making the posts, but using multiple user names in order to try to sway public opinion. I thought maybe most of them were getting paid by politically conservative organizations to make such posts, such as to get NASA's budget reduced.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I think this is one example of a belief making people uncomfortable

people say things like if they lied about the moon missions over half a century ago or not doesn’t affect me

this is because most people are in doubt big time if it was all lies, but then they just don’t want to go there because the question then is….

what else are they lying about

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Indy - this is because most people are in doubt big time if it was all lies

I'm interested in where you get 'most' from.

Not having a go, but why do you say 'most'?

'Most' of the people I know, don't give a monkeys. We're all trying to schlep along the best we can.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

That’s exactly my point most people give it no thought, apathetic as it were to the moon landings but these most people if they did ever show interest they would soon see it was all lies

I don’t believe our creator allows us to leave earth at the moment

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I’m not apathetic but I am starting to feel agnostic.

I feel certain that the universe started by intelligent design rather than chance evolution.

but after that I’m agnostic there is no way of knowing for sure about so many things we have been told.

geology, fossil record all we have been told about space. It maybe partially true or partially lies or most of it could be guesswork

most people are apathetic about these things I’m not. I’m constantly searching trying to get closer to the truth. I’m also very prepared to admit my former beliefs were wrong if something truly convincing comes along

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Substitute the word 'apathetic' to 'sceptical' or just 'to darned busy making ends meet'.

I think you need time to stop and breathe.

The JW mind-set is geared up to make you believe in something bigger or you're doomed. Give yourself permission to stop doing that to yourself.

If there is a god, it knows where to find you.

If there is a truth about Life, the universe and everything, we'll probably never know. That's the reality of it.

Take a breather before it sends you didlow.

You need to be careful that you don't jump from one bonkers cult into another.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

If there is a truth about Life, the universe and everything, we'll probably never know. That's the reality of it.

-

You are saying exactly my point, this is agnostic about the universes origin. I still think intelligent design somehow after I saw a total eclipse, but agnostic to the rest of the story.

but if we were lied to about the moon landings in 1969, I think it is possible to get to the truth so I’m not agnostic to these things.

I’m also sceptical (not apathetic) about the entire vaccine is safe and effective story. I like to quote the whiteboard animation from the Borg about smoking.

”no thanks I checked out the risks and it’s not for me”

But then I’m reminded that the governing body want us all to keep taking these risks 😐

😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit