Staying in physically for all the benefits

by Indoubtbigtime 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I didn't stop believing in god because I left the JWs. I stopped being a JW when I realized I didn't believe in god. Because I faded so slowly and only left when that happened, it was never a question of hate or disillusionment. I came to an answer, it solved a few issues, and it made my next steps a bit clearer. But I've always been pretty flexible and adaptable.

As for convenience, almost any other Christian denomination would have been a considerable improvement over the JWs. Fewer demands, a more relaxed culture and more freedom to search and learn. I'd have been happier finding a different church, of that I have no doubt. But reality had other plans for me...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Nuffy - your disbelief in God doesn't spite the GB in the least

I didn't suggest that was ever my intention. Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. Although, it is something my Mum would say. One thing doesn't lead to another. Maybe I am not explaining myself well. It is nearly Tea-time (Dinner time?), anyway. I'm at loathing the GB(tm) for making me believe their trash. (I'd normally say 'rubbish' but my friends over the Atlantic say trash and garbage), All of it.

Tonus said it better - I didn't stop believing in god because I left the JWs. I stopped being a JW when I realized I didn't believe in god.

Although I still believed after I left and went to Church to worship.

My position now, is that until proper evidence is presented, to prove a God/s exist/s, I will remain sceptical. I won't be fooled again. I think that's a very fair position, and considering different cultures preach a different deity/s. Why believe any of them? Just because it's more predominant in Western culture, doesn't mean it is true.

Bible, Quran, Zoroastrianism(I'll put my teeth back in), , Zen and more all think theirs is the way.

For now, Indy is in a bit of a spot.

Time will tell.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I stopped being a JW when I realized I didn't believe in god.

same with me--50+ years ago. Must be a bit difficult for an atheist to be a Jay Dub.

I wonder if a dub has been d/f'd for admitting he/she doesnt believe in god.?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One of my friends is a PIMO for the very reason of maintaining their social network. His wife claims and appears PIMI but her actions show otherwise. She picks the JW doctrines like a diner at a buffet. She likes this one so goes along with it, but does not like that one, so ignore it.

I'll admit I miss the network of "friends" -- yes they are "conditional" (we've learned all so well). But as long as you are not wanting to taste the forbidden fruits (considered sins in JWism), most are a pretty good group of sincere people. (Exclude the pompass asses from that general statement.)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Really, it is my considered opinion that once you have left, and tasted freedom of thought and action, and found wonderful friends in the real world, you will say, why the hell did I not do this LONG AGO !

It is actually horrible to be a liar, and by pretending to believe, you are lying to the people you say you respect and you want to be your friends, that Sir, is a low, dirty trick.

Be truthful to yourself, and your "Brothers and Sisters", they at least deserve that.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

phizzy- agree!!

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

2 days ago

One of my friends is a PIMO for the very reason of maintaining their social network. His wife claims and appears PIMI but her actions show otherwise. She picks the JW doctrines like a diner at a buffet. She likes this one so goes along with it, but does not like that one, so ignore it

-

This is me exactly. I don’t believe in evolution ever since I watched a total eclipse and someone said if it was a Big Bang how is the moon exactly fitting the sun when they are so far apart? Amazing coincidence or was it designed. I believe designed.

I think the designer in the author of the Bible

but I don’t believe the governing body is right about only baptised JWs will survive the big A

I also think the GB were wrong to push these vaccines on people who had doubts about them being harmful

• hybridous
    hybridous

I applaud the OP for finding a zone of comfort whilst he/she(?) tries to live out their lives with a continuing degree of (relative) normalcy.

How many times has a person 'woken up' in the middle of their lives in this CULT, and tried to 'wake up' their friends & relatives only to destroy their situation? You think they're going to listen to you? You think that they're ready to overhaul their lives all at once?

If the OP is able to find that precious (sometimes elusive) equilibrium and navigate forward - this is a good thing. We all can't do it, but for those who can/could: hats-off to you. A person can't attend to their family responsibilities as well once the relationships are destroyed by the CULT.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Thanks /hybridous

yes I often find people on forums like this jealous that someone can stay in PIMO and try to get me physically out because it’s not fair I can stay physically in and they cant

the way I see it there is nothing wrong with someone staying physically in and mentally free

i know I have to be careful what I say and this seems to be dishonest but that’s not my fault it’s the GBody fault

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

indoubtbigtime, I am not jealous of PIMO...I just don't know how they do it. The incentive must be very strong. I thought to play the game and just couldn't. I agree the GB encourages dishonesty...but not only in the manner you suggest. Any of us who promoted JW were teaching lies upon lies to people. The JW say they are looking for honest hearted ones. To not be a JW suggests you are not honest hearted. The real honest hearted ones end up discerning the lies and can no longer preach them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit