Just woke up turn TV on to hear yet another nut case with a gun.

by Still Totally ADD 146 Replies latest jw friends

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

If we wish to slow down the RATE of mass shootings we need to start eliminating guns.

• barry
    barry

If more guns in the hands of civilians resulted in the taking out of this madman I would support more guns but that just didn't happen did it.

I have heard this gunman was a recent convert to Islam maybe Islam should be banned.

• LV101
    LV101

If you get rid of all the people who voted for Trump your idea for the country would collapse because they are the ones that pay a huge portion of the taxes (working class) and provide the largest amount toward charitable organizations. Many of those voting for the "sane" candidate live off the system and vote accordingly.

The laws that are in effect for guns need to be followed to start with but I agree add'l measures need to be taken -- too many crazies so everyone has to be punished. Of course, the "sane" candidates are many times protected via security paid for by the taxpayers (for life) or have unbelievable wealth for body guards, etc., so what do they care about the rest of the populace having protection. There's no easy answer.

• LV101
    LV101

It's not a fact that the LV gunman was converted to Islam -- yet, anyway.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Folks, so many people love their guns here.

Get used to it and let them shoot. Just try to stay out of the way.

Rub a Dub

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Cue JW propageddon: "See? The world is really in bad shape. The end must be soooo close! The end is very, very, VERY near! Come back [insert name of X-JW / Fader], before it's too late! We're already on the brink of Nuclear war between U.S. and North Korea and now this . . . How can this world possibly survive another decade? It's time to come back to Jehovah before it's too late . . .
  • zeb
    zeb

its time for Jehovah to stop building palaces and printing books and deal with cruelty, heartache despair with actions not promises.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but google is reporting that Rhonda LeRocque, 41 year old active & well respected JW sister was among the dead at the Las Vegas shooting. She was hit in the back of the head. Her husband, six year old daughter and father-in-law survived.

...so WT & the rank and file should be careful that they don't get too critical of those who attended this concert in 'sin city' late on a Sunday night! Very sad, indeed!

• LV101
    LV101

JW GoneBad -- I'd not heard that info via JW family. Very sad.

Thanks for sharing.

• flipper
    flipper

Another sad and tragic evidence that gun regulation laws need to be seriously addressed by congress. And not just on behalf of the NRA lobbyists who get some of these jokers elected into congress. Needs to be more background checks on mental health records. But even then- I do acknowledge that guys like this shooter wedge between the cracks as they don't seem to fit the profile of a serial killer who would lose his shit and kill 59 people.

Problem is , it's like plugging the holes on the Titanic- just when you think you're identifying nut jobs who kill this way, thousands of others pop up out of the woodwork like him and wreck havoc and destruction on innocent victims. All we can do is be alert, protect each other, our friends and family, be vigilant in our own geographical area against this type of psycho behavior. This jerk has torn apart hundreds of familes lives forever. Disgusting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit