Secret Santa II......

by Gadget 210 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

((sns)) secret santa is when you are sent the name of a 'giftee' that you send a present to and in return, you receive a surprise gift from them for Christmas; when you get your gift you realise who your Santa was...hence the 'Secret Santa' title

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Valis
    Valis

I'm in!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK count me in but ya better make this quick

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder and I are in

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Now there is something I don't understand:

"secret santa is when you are sent the name of a 'giftee' that you
    send a present to and in return, you receive a surprise gift from
    them for Christmas; when you get your gift you realise who your Santa
    was...hence the 'Secret Santa' title"

How do you realise who your Santa was ? Are you supposed to put your NAME and address on the parcel then ?

Obvious when you receive a parcel from "somebody" in The Netherlands there won't be much choice about who sent it, but from the same country ? l;ots of possible persons....

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've got about 15 names so far, plus I'ved pm'd the 30+ people who joined kelsie's thread to see if they want to join in too. If we use this thread to list what sort of things we like to help the person buying our gift then it will hopefully keep it near the top so anyone else who wants to join in can see it too.

I'll start. I love motorbikes, classic cars, etc. Lately I've been getting into a lot of new age things, something from your local culture, mid/body/spirit etc.

Have fun!

• Angharad
    Angharad

County Woman

You will get a name that you buy for, but someone else will send you one. So its not the same person you are buying for that you receive from ( if that makes sense LOL) Its a secret until you get you pressie, so you can say its from you on the parcel.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Books - last year my secret Santa sent me Diane Wilson's Awakening of a JW - an excellent read especially for ex-JW women but I think men will get a lot from it too.

so books for me is always a great idea - not only do I read them but I collect them - 687 of them so far

edited to add

blue white or silver xmas tree ornaments

or something from your country or city

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I'm in.

I love anything to do with scented candles. My colours would be dusty rose/burgundy shades for my livingroom and diningroom. I can't get enough tea lites or candles. I just love the glow of candles in the wintertime.

I also enjoy both red and white wines.

cj.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit