Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Ha ha. The only passage that mentions ‘exile’ at all says attention would be given to the Jews’ return after Babylon’s 70 years had ended, and none of them refer to 70 years of exile. No wonder he wasn’t willing to provide quotes

--

Nonsense. You have replied in haste without actually reflecting and meditating on the passages of scripture listed for your careful and thoughtful reflection. You will notice that each of these texts associates the 70 years with common characteristics or elements of what constitutes an exile and in fact, one passage was addressed to an 'exiled people' thus it is well proved that the 70 years was a period of exile.

WT critics such as Jeffro and Carl Jonsson share a common issue in that they cannot dare mention the word or concept of an Exile of the Jews in relation to the period of Babylonian domination over Israel. To accept such a concept would falsify their chronology based on NB Chronology because if the Exile lasted 70 years as commonly believed and as it ended in 537 under Cyrus then counting back to its beginning which was the destruction of Jerusalem -607 BCE.

Thus, the historical and biblical reality of the Jewish Exile proves 607 BCE beyond any shadow of doubt. The said scholar is a genius!!!!!

scholar JW

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

BruceX

Welcome to the forum Bruce!

• BruceX
    BruceX

I work in R&D and read a lot of research papers. All the WT articles I've seen on this subject are more at the reading level of middle school. I recently saw a correlation chart showing religions and education. JW is the most uneducated religious group.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

You have replied in haste without actually reflecting and meditating on the passages of scripture listed for your careful and thoughtful reflection.

What a load of drivel. 😂 Basically, what he means is you have to pretend the verses don’t mean what they actually say because mommy Watch Tower says they ‘really’ mean something else. 🤦‍♂️ And he doesn’t even understand that he’s an Adventist.

• scholar
    scholar

BruceX

I work in R&D and read a lot of research papers. All the WT articles I've seen on this subject are more at the reading level of middle school. I recently saw a correlation chart showing religions and education. JW is the most uneducated religious group.

--

If this is truly the case then you should stay right away from WT publications for such belong to foolish uneducated people but that reminds me of scriptures that say about the early Christians being unwise and foolish.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️ He thinks he’s being ironic, and he is, but not in the way he intends. 😂

• BruceX
    BruceX

If this is truly the case then you should stay right away from WT publications for such belong to foolish uneducated people but that reminds me of scriptures that say about the early Christians being unwise and foolish.

This is so true.Once they received holy spirit they no longer taught false things, All those prophets who were not that educated but got holy spirit didn't have to correct themselves due to some new light. This proves that the governing body doesn't have holy spirit.

• BruceX
    BruceX
    WT FDS is a prophet since they prophesied that the end would come in 1925.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Well, they said it would end in October 1914 before that. When that dismally failed, they reconned it as ‘well something happened in that year, though it was an entirely different thing in the wrong month, but we’ll run with it’. 😂

• BruceX
    BruceX

Rutherford was noted to have said afterward about his own predictions of 1925 as FDS: “I know I made an ass of myself”- WT-10/1/1984- pg.24.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit