Sudden General Election in UK to be held June 8th 2017

by freddo 167 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Scotland had a referendum and made a decision to stay in the UK.

We were told it was a once in a generation decision.

The SNP are obsessed with independence. It is small-minded nationalism and anti-English bigotry. Now that the polls show a decline in interest in a second referendum in Scotland Sturgeon has spent the entire campaign trying to avoid the subject. If she gets a good result tonight she will be back on her favourite topic again.

Her understanding of what the word generation mean is as bad as the Watchtower.

• cofty
    cofty

Exit polls suggest Conservatives might lose as many as 17 seats. They will still be the biggest party but without an overall majority.

SNP have not done well if the exit poll is correct. It shows them losing 22 seats!

Theresa May's gamble may have backfired badly.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

gonna be an interesting night !

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

One of the few positive things I agree with the Society on is not being part of this world re politics. People become so polarised over an endless number of issues 🙄

• cofty
    cofty
    One of the few positive things I agree with the Society on is not being part of this world re politics

Literally everything you do every day depends on politics.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

wow, how are those SNP people in terms of Muslims? It is confusing with a million different parties, I don't get how you guys get anything done like that!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Well that was an exercise in futility. May has cocked up spectacularly with this one.

Well done Corbyn for a far better campaign than expected and it would also appear that Sturgeon has misread the will of the Scottish as far as another referendum is concerned.

Brexit is now going to be a whimper of an effort compared to the promises made by the Leave campaign. Alot of people, on all sides are going to end up very disappointed thanks to May's hubris.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I have just checked my constituency. It's out and out Tory but Labour had their best performance for decades.

I voted in a General Election for the first time ever and very pleased I did.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I will also be amazed if May survives this.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

A disappointing result for those of us who favoured a hard brexit. That's not going to happen now. Still, the British people voted for the parties that they thought would serve them best; that's democracy, so let's just get on with it. I shall spend the weekend with family and friends and drink copious quantities of beer and wine while discussing the chances of Boris becoming our next PM......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit